Menu
holein1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems with TVs anywhere

I am getting very disenchanted with TV Anywhere on football match nights. Time and again I am unable to watch football on BT Sports because of "heavy demand." There is never any problem watching football on the Sky Sports app so there is obviously a problem on the Virgin - BT Sports link. If anybody has a solution to the problem I'd like to hear it.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with TVs anywhere

There's nothing you can do, holein1 - the problem lies clearly and squarely with Virgin Media.  The entire TV Anywhere platform falls over whenever there's big games on, so frequently that you could set your watch by it.  It's been this way for years, with no end in sight.  Still.  It's genuinely pathetic.

I'll be writing to BT Sport to tell them what a rough deal us subscribers are getting, and asking (possibly begging) for them to serve up the streams directly to us unfortunate VM subscribers in the same way that Sky do.  They surely can't get it anything like as terribly wrong as Virgin Media have done.  If anyone wants a copy of the letter/email to use as a template so that they can do the same, please PM me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi holein1,

Thanks for your post and my deepest apologies for the issues you received logging into TV Anywhere on Tuesday evening. 

I can see this was raised as a fault right away and resolved within the hour. The root cause to what happened is being investigated so rest assured we are doing something about this. 

If and when I get any further information, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No comment on the exact same thing happening on Wednesday night too?

Are you not embarrassed to be representing a technology company that never learns from their many mistakes? 

0 Kudos