Menu
warton-john
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Sky Sports & Cinema Apps on MacBook

Unable to view Sky Sports or Sky Cinema content on my MacBook.

Both websites continually ask to install the Sky Sports or Cinema Apps, even though they have been downloaded a number of times. I log on using my VM username & password.

MacBook running Sierra 10.12.4, and using latest versions of Safari, Chrome & Firefox, and this error persists on each of these browsers.

How do I view Sky Sports/Cinema ?

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Sky Sports & Cinema Apps on MacBook

Hi there John,

Many thanks for your query and sorry for any bother experienced with this.

These services no longer run with Silverlight and the applications would therefore need to be installed in order to utilise Sky Sports and Cinema.

When loading the applications after download, are you receiving any error messages at all?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
warton-john
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

so, when I load the Sky Cinema App, it takes me to the Sky Cinema Website, I logon the th VM part of the website with my VM username and password, navigate to a film. At this point if I select the trailer it plays fine, but if I select to watch the film, it says that a new app is available and asks me to download it, even though I have downloaded it a number of times, its looping at this point and I can't watch any films on my MacBook, I am using safari but its the same on other browsers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi warton-john,

Thanks for sticking with us on this Smiley Happy 

After further investigation it looks as though this is a known issue. Can you double check if you have a dual graphics card. If so you'll need to turn off ‘Dynamic Switching’ found in > System Preferences > Energy Saver.

If you are still having an issue then you can revert to the Silverlight player. Follow the below steps to do this:

1.         Open up Finder

2.         Type Sky Go into the search field in the top left and make sure ‘This Mac’ is selected

3.         Find the ‘Sky Go Player’ in the search results and drag it to the trash. Or right click and ‘Move to Trash’.

4.         If the ‘Macintosh HD’ is showing on the desktop then skip to step 7

5.         Click on Finder at the top of the Mac and select ‘Preferences’

6.         Select the ‘General Tab’ and make sure ‘Hard Disk’ is selected to be shown on the desktop

7.         Open ‘Macintosh HD’ and go through the following: Users > User Profile/Name > Library

8.         Find the folder titled ‘Cisco’ and move it to the trash.

9.         Empty the trash, or at least empty it of Cisco folder and the Sky Go Player

10.      Open up your web browser and go to “microsoft.com/getsilverlight” and click ‘Install’. Open up the installation file (shows as dmg or compressed file) and follow the install wizard.

11.      Clear the browser cookies stored (If Safari is open then select ‘Safari’ at the top of the Mac > Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data > Remove All > Remove Now)

12.      Navigate to “go.sky.com”. Sign in and then try and play some content.

13.      You may need to remove the already registered Mac from your device list. Found in ‘Manage Devices’ under ‘Settings’ when signed in on go.sky.com.

14.      You should now be able to play content successfully.

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos