Menu
Glennandlou33
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem with registered devices on TV Anywhere

Hi

I'm having problems connecting to Virgin TV Anywhere on my iPad, app keeps asking me to register my device even though it appears in list of authorised devices. I've tried deleting it and re-adding it but I'm still getting sent to the registration page when I try to watch anything, triec on another device and this has same problem. Please advise.

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with registered devices on TV Anywhere

I have had a similar problem that was fixed by deleting the device and then adding again...but this uses up a change of device. Calling the helpline will allow them to reset that.

The other problem is that you may be trying to access Sky in which case you need to register your device for Sky services as well...

In general the interaction between Virgin TV, the ability to watch on the go and the ability to also watch Sky Movies or Sports is quite buggy, and convoluted. Even once you register devices, turning on the TV guid and surfing around is quite a tedious process. The Netflix model is much cleaner in my experience....ie the system remembers you (so you don't have to log on overtime, I mean given you have to register the device why can't it remember the device?)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Glennandlou33,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issues experienced concerning our TV Anywhere service with your iPad.

I've looked into this and I can see that an area fault with relation to iOS devices was resolved on 08/09/16.

I can also see that your iPad is still listed as registered.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues with this.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Glennandlou33
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thNk you for your message. I am once again having the same problem logging into the sky app using my Virgin credentials.  This is beyond a joke as each time I want to use this it doesn't work. Pay for a service and it doesn't work. What's the reason this time?

Nat_J wrote:

Hi there Glennandlou33,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the issues experienced concerning our TV Anywhere service with your iPad.

I've looked into this and I can see that an area fault with relation to iOS devices was resolved on 08/09/16.

I can also see that your iPad is still listed as registered.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing issues with this.

Take care,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Glennandlou33
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did delete app and reinstall but had the same issue, as you say I also had to re-register the device.

I'm having the same problem and as I signed up for this service and pay I expect it to work when on the limited time I use it. Terrible service that will definetly look to move to sky, never had this issue during my time with them. Doesn't always pay to go to a cheaper deal when the service does work, also has 4 days recently with no broadband. 4 different Engineers came out, replaced a part in the roadside cabinet only for it to fail again in a few hours.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glennandlou33,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not been able to log in to the Sky Sports app. 

Usually this error message appears when something on the device has changed causing the app to think you are using a new device. This can also happen if you've updated the app. 

Either way, deleting the device and re-registering it should work. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos