Menu
Butty7
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Problem viewing Sky Sports and Movies

Hi. I'm new to Virgin having been a Sky customer for many years. I'm having problems logging on via the Virgin Media link to SkyGo to watch Sky Sports and Movies. It keeps coming up with an Error Message "Oops! There is a problem with this. Please try again later. (O-403)". I've now been trying again for the past week but no joy. I'm using a Mac. Has anybody had similar and if so how did you resolve it please.

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem viewing Sky Sports and Movies

You need to download the Sky Cinema and Sky Sports apps and log into them, not Sky Go. You need to select the Virgin Media logo on these apps and sign in from there

0 Kudos
Butty7
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. However the apps aren't available for the MacBook. I have this device registered to watch Virgin TV Anywhere and have no problem watching all other channels from http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/live/channels/. When I click to watch Sky Sports or Movies a banner comes up advising me to select the Go To Sky Website button. It advises that when asked to sign in on the Sky Website it's important to select the Virgin Media logo and to use my Virgin Media username and password. However when I select the Virgin Media logo the error message appears. 

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you're trying to watch on a computer then go to either www.skycinema.com or www.skysports.com and select the Virgin Media logo when you click on sign in

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

oh and use a supported browser like IE, not Chrome

0 Kudos
Butty7
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's when I click on the Virgin Media logo that I get the error message! I'm using the latest Apple browser Safari which is supported so can't understand the problem. I'm not sure where to go to get this resolved.

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hmm I'm not sure as I don't have any issues signing in. Do you have the latest version of Silverlight installed? 

0 Kudos
Butty7
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes but I don't even get far enough to start using Silverlight

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Butty7, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue signing in on the Sky websites. 

As you used to be a Sky customer, it may be trying to remember your old log in information. Try resetting your browser by deleting the cache, cookies and history. 

As well as this, make sure your browser is up to date. 

If it still doesn't work, try using Internet Explorer or Firefox to see if you get the same issue.

Come back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Butty7
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I have already removed all the old Sky information but this had no affect.

My Safari browser is completely up to date.

However I downloaded Firefox and the Virgin Media link worked ok and I was able to login to Sky Sports.

Does this mean that this link will never work with Safari? If so I'm guessing a lot of Virgin customers who use a MacBook will have the same issue as me.

regards

0 Kudos