Menu
Gforce1059
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem streaming error code d:3

I am able to stream OK with my Xperia Z3 but as soon I connect it to my TV using mhl I get error code d:3. I only wanted to do this in my games room at the back of my garden.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem streaming error code d:3

Hi Gforce1059,

Welcome to the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you are getting problems streaming to your games room at the back of your garden.

I just need to verify with you that when you are doing this, you are connecting via your WiFi connection--not a 3G or 4G mobile connection. 

Please let me know.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not quite sure what that verification is going to achieve; you simply can't stream the output from mobile devices running the TVA apps.
0 Kudos
Gforce1059
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My phone is connected to the Virgin Media WiFi and Virgin Anywhere works fine. The connection of the mhl cable is supposed to mirror what is on my phone but, Unfortunately, this seems to be restricted by Virgin Media and gives the error code d:3.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gforce1059,

Crockret is correct. The MHL will not work, as the TV Anywhere app coding stops it from being mirrored on to your TV via HDMI. This is due to broadcasting rights for the app.

I wanted to see if I could try and replicate this and get an MHL to mirror TV Anywhere onto one of our TV's, but I get an error as well.

I have now verified this with our management. You can only view TV Anywhere app and stream live channels on the original device used: pc/computer, laptop, tablet or mobile. 

Apologies that this is not supported.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Gforce1059
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks for your quick response. I will have to look for an alternative streaming device for my games room then.
0 Kudos