Menu
vmax1200
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem identifying device on TV anywhere

how does tv anywahere device registring work? what does Virgin need to identify a machine? is it the source IP address?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem identifying device on TV anywhere

There is a limit of two devices that can use TV Anywhere per account so the app needs to be able to verify them.

What is your concern?

0 Kudos
vmax1200
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Works from home for desktop pc but doesn't work at work. Its the same for quite z fe we users here who would like to and have permission to use this application when on nights. You can register a machine and virgin accepts it but when you try to watch anything you are told your device isn't registered. That's why I am trying to find out how virgin identifies a device. Most often we see apps like this fail because they use z device source address. For home use thus would be private whereas the router or site address will be public. Our site addresses are public but there I a firewall that has a webcache function so there are possibilities fir the IP address info to cause problems. As it ops manager I can sanction changes to firewall but it has to be secure and I could restrict it to these night workers.

Nick
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Windows? You must use IE or Firefox, and Flash needs to be up to date.  I think Edge is supported in Windows 10, but I can't vouch for it personally.

For use in Browser (rather than the app), it's an instance of Flash that is uniquely identified & registered. Nothing to do with the IP address.  If it was based on your IP address, you could feasibly use an infinite amount of devices at home. But you can't, the limit is 2 devices in any case.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi vmax1200,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems accessing TV Anywhere when you're in work. It's great to see that Ernie_C and Crockret have been able to jump in to help.

If you are using a WiFi connection at work, you should be able to use the TV Anywhere service on your registered device.

Checking your TVA account on the server, I can see that you have two devices registered. Is one of these a device that you take to work with you? 

Please let me know so I can look into this further for you.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
vmax1200
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for all the help/advice. Its not just me who has this problem. We have quite a few guys here on site who are allowed to access media streams whilst on nights. It could simply be a flash problem. Our site firewall runs a webcache function and usually problems are simply that the webcache address causes a problem. Ill look at what flash does through the firewall session and report back. We did have several problems where we had to load flash, followed the instructions and loaded the latest version, we then tried to access the virgin site and it telss us we don't have either flash loaded or the right version. very frustrating.

regards nick.

0 Kudos