Menu
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem Streaming Channel message (TV Anywhere app)

This message appears in the middle of my Samsung S6 screen, but the game stays on behind the message. But then I have to stop and restart the app to get rid of the message.

I'm at home - streaming it via Wi-Fi, but it also happens when away from the house using 4G.

Smaller Screenshot_2016-02-18-18-45-17.jpg

What is the cause and solution guys please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem Streaming Channel message (TV Anywhere app)

Hi Paul_I, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue having to restart the app to remove this error message. 

When you click on OK, what happens?

Usually it would close the stream down but then refresh back to the TV Listings page. 

Do you get this error message every time you try streaming or only at times where there is a high demand for the footie?

Let me know. Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It;s usually when I am watching footie, but the wifi at my house is great, 150Mb down 10 up, so I doubt that connection is a problem?

Also, it doesn't seem to like 4G - I get a message saying cannot stream if I try on my lunch break at work where I use my 4G connection.

Paul.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i Paul_I,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you've been having an ongoing problem using the TV Anywhere app.

Your problems with TV Anywhere maybe related to a fault with the service we've been experiencing. We've posted an update regarding this on this article titled Resolved: TV Anywhere - "Home Mode" which confirms the issue should now be resolved. Also, TV Anywhere is only available via a WiFi connection.

If you're still having problems could you please let us know so we can take another look at this for you. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps more importantly, TV Anywhere specifically blocks streaming via 4G/3G/any mobile data.
0 Kudos