Menu
SCW
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor app performance

Hi,

I am experiencing poor performance of the tv anywhere app and would like some extra advice from other users or an explanation from virgin as to why these issues exist and when they will be rectified. When trying to use the app I am consistently getting either the A:3328 error code or am unable to sign into the app due to 'high levels of demand.' These issues sometimes resolve themselves (usually after the programme I was trying to watch has ended) but will appear next time I use the app.

Being unable to log in due to demand is hardly acceptable; surely virgin wouldn't market a service that is unable to perform on a basic level? The error code seems to be a catch-all excuse.

I have followed advice on other forums and from other users and would appreciate any other ideas because my next step is to reconsider using virgin and return to the much superior sky go service.

To forestall the next question; I'm using an iPad Air with current os, wifi signal is strong and the device is correctly registered.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor app performance

Hi SCW,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you here. Smiley Happy

Apologies for the issues you were faced with during a peak period on Tuesday. 

This is an issue we are aware of and we have been working on this. As well as making changes in the background to help relieve things, we've also tried increasing the capacity hoping this would fix things. 

It looks as though we need to go back to the drawing board so are still working on things at this end.

We are trying a new approach as everything we are currently doing doesn't seem to be working Smiley Sad
We are looking to try and identify any trends with the errors you are getting against the devices or OS you are using. Can you come back to me with the following:
> What is the Full make and Model of your device?
> What is the OS Version?
> What is the EXACT error message you are getting?

Hopefully we're not to much longer off a complete fix and once that happens, I shall let you know.

Thanks, 
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SCW
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.

"Peak time" seems to be pretty much all the time in my experience...

I gave up on the app after being let down again however I've just tried to use the app again only to find that I need to register the device for some reason. I followed the link provided and the device is showing as already registered. After checking the forums for fixes relating to this problem I found advice suggesting forgetting and reregistering the device. This was a waste of time as apparently I have reached the monthly limit. Considering I haven't done this before (and definitely not on the 3rd April at 17:01 as the website tells me) I am struggling to understand how the registration limit has been reached.

This is getting silly now, I expect you'll be able to sort something your end to enable me to register the device.

In reference to your earlier questions, the EXACT message was "we encountered an error while trying to stream this channel. [A:3328].", I am using a 128gb iPad Air running the current iOS 9.3.1. It's a white iPad if this helps.

I look forward to hearing from either yourself or someone able to sort this very soon.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi SCW, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. I can see you've already removed the iPad so now only the laptop is registered. 

I have added a device change for you to use to re-register the iPad. Just open the app, sign in and attempt to stream channel 4. This should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos