Menu
bjhoward
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Please Virgin Media, get creative on the device limit

It would be great if the device limit of 2 was to be changed or perhaps customers where given an option of paying more for an expanded service. I have two children and a wife and between us about 8 devices that we would realistically want to watch TV AnyWhere on, it is VERY frustrating that we can't and have to wait up to a month to switch a device.

My suggestion would be.....

- Remove the change limit or reduce to a day maximum

- Allow any number of devices registered but put a concurrent use limit instead

- Provide an option for customers to pay a little more to remove the limits or something similar

It would be great if someone from Virgin Media could comment on this and perhaps give an indication of whether VM is even thinking about this very frustrating issue (especially in the light of Sky Go and other services).

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please Virgin Media, get creative on the device limit

sky go has similar harsh limits. I believe that it is forced onto VM , Sky by the content providers legal depts.

they are so paranoid about piracy they prefer to drive us into to using Kodi etc,rather than to let us pay to watch legally.

short sighted, self - defeating, but it's been that way ever since they declared war on cassette tapes, VHS recorders, and other tools of the devil.

. remember that awful " you wouldn't steal a car " drivel that you were not allowed to skip at the start of each DVD, every time you watched it. 

that non-skippable ad alone probably drove a miillon people into using DVD Rip software and torrents instead Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
bjhoward
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please Virgin Media, get creative on the device limit

Some very good points......sounds like it could be an opportunity for Virgin Media to leapfrog their competitors and lead the pack if they could find a way to deliver it......(or make a concession if it's not forced on them).

Perhaps someone from Virgin Media will comment?

0 Kudos