Menu
SJ13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

P.C Ash Vs Evil Dead

I am having problems watching Ash Vs Evil Dead on my P.C. The first few days I tried episode one would play for 3-4 mins and then just freeze with the buffering icon. if I refreshed page and started to watch again I found that I could skip to anywhere in the show instantly using the slider and watch for 3-4 mins and it would then freeze again? When I tried the next day I got a whole 7 secs of black screen before the buffering freeze.

This made me think that if I can skip to any part of the show in those few mins then it cant be a buffering issue as the show must be fully loaded? so I tried a few tests to check my broadband, I opened (all in HD quality) Netflix, Youtube and Amazon Prime and run them all simultaneously without any problems (my Daughter was also online gaming at the time).

To me this says there must be a problem with the VM player or website but just out of curiosity I tried some other shows on VM and everyone one of them worked just fine (with the normal poor quality picture that has become VM trade mark... anyone remember VHS?!).

So it looks like I only have a problem with one show, the BIG VM exclusive Ash Vs Evil Dead???

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
jp70aq
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: P.C Ash Vs Evil Dead

I've not seen the buffering problem with Ash vs Evil Dead.

The only thing I've noticed with the episodes is the volume. It's a mixture of on the quiet side to very loud while playing an episode. I put it down to the programme makers not getting the right balance.

0 Kudos
motel
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problems. Episodes 1-5 won't play. I started my own thread on Sunday but it hasn't been answered. Episode 6 has been added and this does appear to play fine. I'd suggest you try to watch the show on the TV in case it disappears, as it is hit or miss whether VM respond and fix problems.
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

as it is hit or miss whether VM respond and fix problems.

Never a truer word spoken.

0 Kudos
SJ13
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As all other VM shows play without problems I am going to take a guess that Ash Vs Evil Dead is not hosted from the same servers. I think that the problem lies with the show being hosted on a server that can not take the demand of so many streams at once.

I don't think I am going to waste anymore time asking for VM to fix it as it seems they don't care (to busy working out how they can blame Sky for the next price increase maybe?). Plenty of USB sticks going around at work with every episode and they are VM fail free!

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also end up watching "unofficial sources" for football because TV Anywhere fails regularly. We are having to effectively steal something we are paying for. But it's higher quality, and infinitely more reliable.

Way to go Virgin Media.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

I've just heard back from the team on this. 

It looks as though the uploads were corrupt. 

They have raised a ticket to get these episodes reloaded so you should be able to watch them soon. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos