Menu
CGreen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oneplus compatibility

Oneplus 3 Flagship Smartphone

I've just bought this smartphone and I am sure OnePlus are becoming a BIG player in the high end smartphone market.  To my dismay your app tells me that I cannot watch live TV on this because my OS is modified.  I see many previous posts for Oneplus 1 and Oneplus 2 phones suffering the same issues

I totally understand that you do not want to have to guarantee your app works on rooted devices. What I cannot understand is why you will not support a (new) major manufacturer. Oneplus have a google certified OS in Oxygen. It is MUCH less heavily modified than say Samsung, which is full of bloatware. Yet you support a Samsung OS

Get your act together. Start supporting the official OnePlus OS  the volume of dissatisfied customers you will have is only going to grow exponentially if you do not

Smiley Mad

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Oneplus compatibility

If you're a TV Anywhere app user, you should always think twice about updating your Android operating system as VM usually take about a year to support it. Even then, support often comes with caveats attached.

Android 7 is currently unsupported, and Android 6 is only supported if you upgraded to it. If, like me, your device shipped with Android 6 it won't work either. Which rules out my Moto G4+, which is stock Android (but shipped with 6).

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CGreen, 

Thanks for your post and feedback regarding this device. 

We always welcome feedback, good or bad Smiley Happy 

Currently we have no plans in place to support anything other the official, non modified OS versions of Android. If this does happen to change, we will certainly let you know though. 

In the meantime you are able to use TV Anywhere on a supported OS / Device or online via anywhere.virginmedia.com on a PC / Laptop. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CGreen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very poor response. Answers none of the challenges posed. Solves none of your problems. Helps none of your customers with a Oneplus factory device.  This is a customer segment which will only grow - you need to address issues early, not sweep them under the carpet.

Short sighted view from a company I had held in higher regard. As a Digital IT professional I find it incredible that you trot out this bland response to anyone reporting these 'issues'.

Disappointed

muggerbee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So this means the only device supported by VM is the Nexus ??, I can't think of another device that ships with stock Android ???

0 Kudos
Adystone
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes this is a really poor response from a normally great with customer service company. I'm hoping they see sense and in the case of oxygen for the one plus range they build in a marker that spots it and allows there app to work. Fingers crossed...
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you're a TV Anywhere app user, you should always think twice about updating your Android operating system as VM usually take about a year to support it. Even then, support often comes with caveats attached.

Android 7 is currently unsupported, and Android 6 is only supported if you upgraded to it. If, like me, your device shipped with Android 6 it won't work either. Which rules out my Moto G4+, which is stock Android (but shipped with 6).

CGreen
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Genius ... Android 6 has only been out what, just over a year now?  Why make the effort to test your app on the latest OS versions? This does explain things though ... Makes you wonder about their IT department

Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
fyddymycyr
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Firstly, sorry to resurrect an old thread.

Secondly, a solution. OP3T users like myself who are rooted with Magisk can simply hide root from the TV Anywhere app and watch live streaming channels.

I presume if you're using SuperSU you can also hide root and make it work...
==========
fyddymycyrs ym mhob man
0 Kudos