Menu
oddgiraffe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oneplus 3T "Technical Error" on registration

My lovely new Oneplus 3T will not register.

App installs fine, guide comes up ok. When I go to "register device" it says 'Technical Error We are unable to access "Device Registration" at the moment, please try again later'.

I have been trying for several days now with the same response.

Help please?

0 Kudos
oddgiraffe
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oneplus 3T "Technical Error" on registration

At the risk of sounding stupid (and I should be used to that by now) does one actually need a V, V+ or Tivo box for this to work? I am paying for Virgin TV because its cheaper to buy the package than buying phone + broadband alone, but don't actually have any sort of box installed as I find freeview gives me all the tv I can eat.

0 Kudos
oddgiraffe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have noticed that this phone is Android 7. Has anyone else got an android 7 phone to work? Has anyone else got a Oneplus 3T to work?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi iddgiraffe, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue using TV Anywhere on your One plus device. 

I believe previous versions of this device tend to run off a modified version of Android called Cynogen. Is this the case for this device? If so then TV Anywhere won't work as it needs to be an un-modified version of Android. 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
oddgiraffe
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F
Thanks so much for getting back. OnePlus are no longer using Cyanogen, it's now something called OxygenOS. Are you saying that the only Android phone that will work is the Pixel? What about all the Samsung Galaxies out there? That's way more heavily modified than OxygenOS. Anything that works on Android should work on Oxygen surely? I've never come across an app before that would only work on one manufacturer's take on Android, unless of course it was for that make of phone only.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi oddgiraffe, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

As Oxygen is a modified version I would assume the same lines apply. 

Just to be 100% I have emailed the TV Anywhere team to find out for certain. As soon as I get a reply I will come back to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
oddgiraffe
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for looking into this for me Kath. I think the issue of "modified Android" desperately needs clarifying . I think there is a tendency to confuse the skin with the engine. Of course Android devices look different, they have different interfaces, but I believe the kernel is standard. No doubt someone will correct me if I have that wrong, and then your "modified android" case has a leg to stand on. 

0 Kudos