Menu
anthonymccloat
Just joined
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OnePlus Two - TV AnyWhere

Hi VM,
I have attempted to use TV AnyWhere app on my new OnePlus Two phone. But it appears to be blocked due to device being rooted. The phone is not rooted and is running Android 5.1
When will this phone be supported on Virgin Media's TV AnyWhere.
Thanks Anthony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: OnePlus Two - TV AnyWhere

Hi anthonymccloat, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're not having any luck getting TV Anywhere to work with your OnePlus device. 

These devices, due to the Operating system are not supported and it's very unlikely they will become supported for use with TV Anywhere. You are still able to use TV Anywhere online using a PC / Laptop though. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tda1960
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The oneplus 2 is an Andriod device, are you no longer supporting Andriod? Tim
0 Kudos
tda1960
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Anthony, I am having problems with my Oneplus 2 as well, If you are with Virgin Mobile, could you check the carrier displayed on your phone please, is it Virgin, EE or something else. Tim.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi tda1960,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's really great to have you involved Smiley Happy

The version of Android that the Oneplus device runs isn't a standard Android OS. It is slightly modified which is why you then get the rooted errors. 

I wish this device was supported however there's no need to miss out on TV Anywhere. You can use an iOS device, a device that has a supported Android OS or even a PC / Laptop.

Apologies for any inconveniences. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
muggerbee
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the majority of versions of android are modified, except the Nexus install, but it seems VM know much more about the Android OS than google, who certify the builds. Oh and didn't google also fund and develop it as an open source project ?? Obviously SKY haven't got a clue about Android as they accept google certification Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
chunka
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can I add my name to the list of disgruntled oneplus 2 users. If they can make it work for Kindle fire then it should be working for OnePlus phones also.

Looks like I will be heading back to Sky quicker than i thought

0 Kudos
jtodat
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd also like to add myself to the "disgruntled" list. I've just joined Virgin (from Sky) and have a OnePlus 3 (stock) and cannot use the TV Anywhere app. This is sheer laziness from Virgin. The OP3 is a relatively mainstream and "flagship" phone, and I've not come across any other app that is disabled in such a way. There is no legitimate reason not to allow access to this app on this phone.

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The OnePlus devices use the Cyanogen OS, not the standard Android OS 

0 Kudos