Menu
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OnePlus One & Tv Anywhere

I have Virgin Media's TIVO at home from which there is an app (that I also have) to play whatever is on my TV channels (100 of them) on my mobile.

But when I run the app, it will not launch because of the following message:

Unauthorised Modifications Detected
Live TV streaming will not work if
unauthorized modifactions have been
made to Android

{OK}

I can tell the app to record programs on my home TIVO system no problem, but it seems I cannot watch anything on the OPO.

It's not my modification - it's OPO's own built in OS.

Any solutions?

Paul.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: OnePlus One & Tv Anywhere

Hi Paul

Thanks for posting on the community

Sorry to hear that your unable to watch any programmes through TV Anywhere on your OnePlus One device.

It does seem like this device is not supported and will not work with TV Anywhere due to the Operating System. The operating system that it uses is Cyanogen, the app picks this up as rooted versions of the Android app.

I apologies for the inconvenience. You can use TV Anywhere through a supported device or laptop/PC.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paul

Thanks for posting on the community

Sorry to hear that your unable to watch any programmes through TV Anywhere on your OnePlus One device.

It does seem like this device is not supported and will not work with TV Anywhere due to the Operating System. The operating system that it uses is Cyanogen, the app picks this up as rooted versions of the Android app.

I apologies for the inconvenience. You can use TV Anywhere through a supported device or laptop/PC.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
muggerbee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've got a oneplus as well, surely if it's such a bad thing then my Virgin sim card should tell it to go away as well ?? cyanogen OS (CM12) is a google certified build of lollipop 5.1 just the same as any sony/samsung/LG et al build of an android OS is , therefore going on your and other mods (not devs) suppositions all modified android builds should not be supported by TVanywhere only devices running stock android from the factory. Basically you're telling everyone you can only use this app on a Nexus unless we like the company which made your device, but that's totally up to us to decide if we feel the manufacturer is worthy of Virgins permission ??  Or ....  is that your devs are too lazy or daft to write a root detection routine Smiley Happy

P.S. the oneplus is on the SkyGo whitelist Man LOL

0 Kudos
av02
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I joined this forum specifically to comment, and echo the sentiments of the last post.
My opo is not rooted, but I an being denied a feature that came as part of my TV package, basically because of a poorly written app! Come on, Virgin, get with the program here. The opo is an immensely popular phone, and it's successor is out now, not to mention the raft of other Chinese phones gaining popularity in the UK. Deny the service to a rooted phone, that's fair enough. But this is running a GOOGLE CERTIFIED OS. A reply from someone on your dev team, as opposed to radio silence, would be appreciated.