Menu
Paul_967
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On TV Anywhere. Cannot watch Sky Sports Live

I am new to TV Anywhere and viewing on my Laptop, and I can watch live TV for the streaming channels I have tested except for Sky Sports. When I go into the Sky Sports Website and enter my Virgin Media password etc, I then select the Sport Channel I wish to watch. I am then instructed to install or update Microsoft Silverlight. I have done that, but when I return to Sky Sports it keeps telling me to install Silverlight. Can anyone help please ? 

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: On TV Anywhere. Cannot watch Sky Sports Live

Paul_967 wrote:

I am new to TV Anywhere and viewing on my Laptop, and I can watch live TV for the streaming channels I have tested except for Sky Sports. When I go into the Sky Sports Website and enter my Virgin Media password etc, I then select the Sport Channel I wish to watch. I am then instructed to install or update Microsoft Silverlight. I have done that, but when I return to Sky Sports it keeps telling me to install Silverlight. Can anyone help please ? 

What browser are you using?  Chrome won't work, IE does and I haven't tried Opera nor Safari recently but they should be OK.  

Also are you using a windows PC or another device?

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Paul_967 wrote:

Firefox can be a little problematic as you need to explicitly allow silverlight.

0 Kudos
Paul_967
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

arrgee,  Thanks for your reply.  I am using IE and its a HP PC running Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
Paul_967
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All, Can anyone help me on this please. When I phone Virgin Media, I get the usual multiple choice response, but none of them have the option for TV Anywhere, nor an option to actually talk to someone. Hoping for a positive response, Pau
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your unable to watch Sky Sports through your PC.

Have you tried to completely un-install Microsoft Silverlight, then go back into Sky Sports, re-install Silverlight to see if that goes through.

Also does it prompt for install or is there an option for you to just click enable? Do you know if the IE version you have is higher than 9?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos