Menu
Taraliane
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Blank Blue Screen watching on Laptop

I have had Virgin since beginning of January.  Most of the TV I watch is on my laptop On Demand.  I have Windows 10, latest version of Adobe Flash, latest version of Mozilla and latest version of IE (I watch on both as Mozilla/Virgin can be temperamental).

I am finding with some shows that I try to watch them and the screen initially goes black as if it's about to load.  But no load symbol comes up and then the screen just goes blue.  No error message at all.  This is constant with Arrow - I can't watch it at all.  Legends of tomorrow is a lottery - sometimes plays but sometimes doesn't.  Agent Carter has been ok until it did this in the middle of an episode.  Limitless episode 2 is like Arrow and unplayable.  I've tried random plays of other shows I'm not interested in and again it seems to be rather a lottery of what's playable and what isn't.

I have found a few other topics on this but everyone seemed to be using Chrome which appeared to be the problem.  I'm not, so is there a fix for this?  It is extremely annoying.  90% of my TV watching is on my laptop so this is basically what I'm paying Virgin for, but my favourite shows are hit and miss. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Blank Blue Screen watching on Laptop

Hi Taraline,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you have been experiencing ongoing problems with the TV Anywhere service.

Chrome is not a supported browser for TV Anywhere. We are aware of the issue with the On Demand programmes and this has been escalated. Our technicians are currently working to resolve this.

Kath_F has posted about this issue on various threads, please have a look at this thread: TVA Latest Update, specifically Kath's last post on 08/03/2016.

I have checked for an update on this today and have been advised that our technicians are still working on this.  As soon as we do receive an update on this, we will be back in touch.

Apologies again for the problem with your TV Anywhere service.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Taraliane
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Thank you for your reply and for pointing me to the other thread.  I will keep a look out on the progress there, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Taraliane,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've added you onto the list to contact as soon as we get an update, so either Kath or myself will be back in touch as soon as this has been fixed.

There have been more programmes added to the original list and we've been updating the information reported to us via the Forum to the technicians working on this. 

Currently, we have:

The Walking Dead S6 Ep 10
The Walking Dead S6 Ep 11
The Walking Dead S6 Ep 12
Limitless S1 Ep 2 & 4
Arrow S4 Ep 10
Arrow S4 Ep 11
Flash S2 Ep 11
Lucky Man S1 Ep 6
Lucky Man S1 Ep 7
Grey’s Anatomy S12 Ep 10
Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 Ep 6
Killjoys S1 Ep 6
Elementary S4 Ep 11 & 12
Scandal S5 Ep 10 
Bones S11 Ep 8
Agent Carter S2 Ep 6

If you come across any other shows you can't view via On Demand on TVA, please let us know.

Thank you,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How many technicians does it take to update a security certificate?

0 Kudos