Menu
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not all good changes to to anywhere

This is about V6 box and the features the app will provide. So we will face some restrictions on what recordings we can download from V6 to tablet ( sky sports and movies maybe ) and still streaming not allowed on 3G or 4g

When it comes to any sky movies if you can find them it's not easy it says "content not available when your away from your home network" I'm on my home network all else is fine apart from sky premium. You can only find them going through the guide no sky movies or sports have been added.

When you go into what to watch and movies, there are movies just not sky movies and no Sky sports on demand to watch either

They have made loads of good improvements like series link + in app, box sets but come on 3G or 4g missing and if you want to see a sky movies film on virgin on demand we don't have that

Not good
0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not all good changes to to anywhere

If you want to watch Sky Cinema or Sky Sports on demand content, you need to download and use the Sky Cinema or Sky Sports apps

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

AFAIK the most recent update is to add features for serieslink+ for all and to add some V6 functionality for early adopters as the V6 is due, well I suppose "soon" as there's been no announcement.

I doubt it has all the features that will be added for V6. But I would not expect the SKY situation to change, you will still likely need to use their apps for their channels.

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I agree but to be told Sky 4K material is exclusive to sky q and no other providers, don't leave us in a good position
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's the same situation with BT Sport - you can only get 4k by subscribing directly. It's their ball & they can do what they like with it.

Virgin Media doesn't own any content so have no leverage here. They did have a go at owning content, but as with most things they try, they failed miserably. TV Anywhere is another good example.
0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Exactly so virgin are going to promote a 4K box with nothing available to watch in 4K Score
0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere is a joke as you need wifi and that is a pain
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Suppose it depends what you want. There is very little 4K content out there ATM ,and taking football out of the equation,  its likely that Netflix will be supported on any new platform- so you'll have access to as much 4K as there is.

4K is irrelevent for TVanywhere. There are no screens on mobile device that can display 4K, neither will there be. 1080p will be the de facto for a mobile device for the foreseeable, as put simply there's no point in a 4K screen at anything smaller than 30 inches. You wind up having to scale eveything to 1080 anyhoo.

Actually that's probably wrong. Some manufacturer will unveil a 4K 5 inch screen and some muppets will buy into it.

0 Kudos