Menu
LizC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Not able to watch TV anywhere - device register

Since Thursday I've not been able to watch Live TV on my PC. The only devices registered are my husband's PC and mine. I keep getting messages saying the device is not registered and I should do so. I've tried changing the name of the device as well as removing it and re registering it but then I get a message to say I can only do one re-register a month and I have to wait until July 1 to do it again. I checked the broadband service and it said there was a problem which would be fixed in 10 minutes. It's been saying this for two days and also the phone helpline has a similar message.

How much longer is this problem going to last and how do I get to re register my PC when it was removed due to a problem which was not of my making. I should say that I cleared the cookies etc but that made no difference.

Thanks.

Helpful Answers
MrsOsgood
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 107
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not able to watch TV anywhere - device register

seems like we are all having the same problem. if you ring them they can give you extra device registrations but only 1 at a time and everytime you log out you will have to ring for a new one!! ive been on them since it happened and no news yet (sat 25th at 8.10pm)

keep at them (it) and they will fix it they just may need abit of time

smith1
Dialled in
Message 11 of 107
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I contacted them yesterday and was told it was to be fixed at 5pm 29/6/16, guess what here it is the 30th and still not working. I just contacted them and now it is to be fixed by 3pm today the 30th. What a load of BS they are telling us, if it is fixed today it will be a miracle.

Bingley
Superfast
Message 83 of 107
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Another weekend when you think I`ll watch something on TV anywhere ( Yeah anywhere but here !!!) and you sign in and then click watch and well blow me , you cant ! , another fine example of poor investment from VM.  So we spent the next half an hour deleting the slots and re-registering to be told the same thing on screen, plus you`ve used all your allotted changes this month, which is a complete and utter load of crap as we haven`t touched it.

ATTENTION FORUM LEADERS, WE DEMAND ANSWERS AND A FIX TIME FOR THIS , AND NOT THE LAME COPY AND PASTE REPLIES

All Replies
MrsOsgood
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 107
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

seems like we are all having the same problem. if you ring them they can give you extra device registrations but only 1 at a time and everytime you log out you will have to ring for a new one!! ive been on them since it happened and no news yet (sat 25th at 8.10pm)

keep at them (it) and they will fix it they just may need abit of time

phil101
Joining in
Message 3 of 107
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Device Registration

How long is the current problem with this service going to last. I have been unable to use this service since last Thursday as I keep being told that both my devices are not recognised. This really is a rubbish service that in my experience is very problematic and is down more times than it is usable.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Hi phil101, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having a new face here even though the circumstances are less than great. We are aware of this issue. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we hope to have a resolution soon. 

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LizC
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, this is about the fifth day now that the problem was to be fixed in "10 minutes". It seems they have no idea. Is there a good phone number to ring them on, it took me a long time to find one last time I needed to ring.

Thanks for your help. 

Biffo1262
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Device registration yet AGAIN.

Is there any chance of this device registration problem actually being sorted out.  I have run out of slots now I have to re-register what was already registered twice this month.  Just not good enough.

smith1
Dialled in
Message 7 of 107
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted them 5 times and they keep saying it will be fixed . The last time was friday and was told it will be fixed the 29th. We shall see, but I doubt it will be.

MrsOsgood
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 107
Flag for a moderator

don't hold your breath its been nearly a week. I normally just ring 150 from home and speak to someone there to get an update, which is usually the same thing each time.

sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I'm going to ring them later on and see whats happening.

have a good day

0 Kudos
Biffo1262
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 107
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device registration yet AGAIN.

No-one want to talk to us???

0 Kudos
LizC
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 107
Flag for a moderator

I've just phoned VM and been told this problem will be resolved by 10am tomorrow. I asked if they would be making an adjustment to my bill to reflect that I've not had this service for a week and they said, no, it was a free service. I'm not impressed and I think it's time to look at other providers.

0 Kudos