Menu
NeverRememberIt
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No streaming to iOS app - only "watch on TV" option

I have tried unregistering and re registering but I can't stream anything to my iOS app. At first I thought it was because I'd tried to load an HD version of the channels but no - nothing is working for me. I am constantly having problems - mostly with Sky Sports and BT but it's infuriating. No wonder so many people just stream things illegally. It's more reliable, and less hassle!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No streaming to iOS app - only "watch on TV" option

Try channel 104 or any channel with a wifi symbol.

Use the Sky app for access to Sky Sports.

0 Kudos
NeverRememberIt
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - when you said the word "wifi" I knew the reason I couldn't watch anything was because I was trying to connect on 4G - surely I'm allowed to use my data plan to watch TV, rather than only being allowed on wifi...? Or have they locked out streaming on data? If so, if there a way to allow this again? I often watch (or used to watch) when on public transport, or whilst at the gym but I can't do this anymore. If this has been disabled with the latest release I'd be very surprised and disappointed. 

Thanks for the SkySports tip, I have had so many issues with the sky app and their website over the last few years, thankfully things appear to be working (for the time being). 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You have never been able to stream channels using mobile data with the TV Anywhere app. It's always been wifi only.

You can use mobile data with the Sky apps.

0 Kudos
NeverRememberIt
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for your answers. WOW! I did not realise that... That's really annoying. Do you know if they have any plans to include it? Pretty much every other streaming service allows it! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It has long been requested but there is no evidence that it is coming soon or at all.

0 Kudos