Menu
jimbobalvey
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No streaming away from home with the V6 box

So the Virgin app doesn't allow me to stream programmes away from home on my S7? I'm a VIP customer and ended up scouring the Internet for a dodgy stream to watch the football which I already PAY Virgin for. Really virgin, this isn't good enough. Does anybody else have the same issues?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No streaming away from home with the V6 box

The Virgin TV Anywhere app allows streaming via WiFi away from home as described in the help pages

There were problems with the sky sports android app this weekend, but that has know been fixed.

What error messages are you seeing?
jimbobalvey
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, the app won't allow me to set up the 'streaming away from home'. If i put a tick in the box during setup, it just tells me that setup did not complete successfully. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I can't see any other way to make it work.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimbobalvey,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with streaming TV Anywhere via WiFi when away from home.  Is this working for you now?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Ken2017
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same/similar problem. I've tried on multiple different Android devices to set up the streaming from home. Everyt timew on every device the process fails with the error message and a prompt to troubleshoot. The troubleshooting takes me to a (useless) page with generic FAQs.

I'm running Android 7 and 6 on various Samsung Galaxy and Note devices. I've tried several different home wifi networks without success.

Any advice would be very welcome

0 Kudos
mr_vpw
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't work for me either - it also seems for reasons that make no sense, Virgin have decided that you can't use 4G services for streaming (ignoring that you might well have 4G to watch away because you haven't got access to Wi-Fi and equally ignoring that given you can buy tariffs allowing plenty of streaming you might choose to do so), there's no reason they should outright refuse this ability - it's just a ridiculous and ill thought out restriction.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ken2017,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. Apologies to hear about the issues you are having streaming Smiley Sad

In order to help you with this, can you let me know the full error message you are getting? 

Once you've logged in to the app, what happens at this point? 

If you try streaming Channel 4, what comes up?

Come back and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos