Menu
jonlef
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No TV Anywhere WATCHING support for Apple devices?

Guys- after some online research including these forums I find conflicting stories on TV anywhere support for Apple mobile & tablet devices. 

Having downloaded the app for my iPhone and my daughters iPad the only functionality available is Tivo control (guide/show management/recordings etc)

The idea of this app is to be able to view live, recorded and catch up content from VM on multiple devices, with different content streams per device. 

The app description itself says "If you’ve also got TiVo, you can use our Virgin TV Anywhere app on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android tablets and phones and Amazon Kindle Fire and Fire Phone." 

The tech page lists all manner of devices except Apple- surely this issue isnt being avoided?  Please advise on the solution that means Virgin Anywhere can be used to VIEW content (not manage it) on the most common mobile devices we all use, not just Android.

Thanks

JL

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No TV Anywhere WATCHING support for Apple devices?

jonlef wrote:

The tech page lists all manner of devices except Apple- surely this issue isnt being avoided?  Please advise on the solution that means Virgin Anywhere can be used to VIEW content (not manage it) on the most common mobile devices we all use, not just Android. 

On that page it specifically says:

Apple

Apple devices meeting the following specifications can stream live TV using the TV Anywhere app:

iOS 7 or higher

iPad 2 or later
iPhone 4 or later
iPod touch 5th generation or later

jonlef wrote:
No, all documentation infers you can WATCH content on your iPad or iPhone, where as it appears you can only MANAGE your content. The app description clearly states this which appears to be a lie.

This is the point of my query.

Super users and VM admins to respond please.

You can indeed watch Live TV using the TV Anywhere app. Instructions on how to do are here:

Watch TV using the Virgin TV Anywhere app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Ellaye
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Completely agree with your comments. I have the TV Anywhere app on my iPad and it clearly states that I should be able to watch shows on my iPad. In actual fact all I can do is "manage" things! If I click on Watch Now the show starts playing on the TiVo box! What is the point of that if I'm a different room?! I can record things from my iPad but I could do that before I paid out for a Powerline connection to link up the TiVo and modem. I did that because I thought I could watch television on my iPad using the app since I had read that I can stream live television onto my iPad on the Virgin TV Anywhere page. Why does it say that if you can't?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You cannot watch recorded programs via TV Anywhere. Please provide evidence of where you have seen this documented.

You can watch live programs via TV Anywhere but only those channels that can be streamed, denoted by the wifi symbol. Streaming is only via wifi, not mobile data.

0 Kudos
jonlef
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, all documentation infers you can WATCH content on your iPad or iPhone, where as it appears you can only MANAGE your content. The app description clearly states this which appears to be a lie.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

jonlef wrote:

On that page it specifically says:

Apple

Apple devices meeting the following specifications can stream live TV using the TV Anywhere app:

iOS 7 or higher

iPad 2 or later
iPhone 4 or later
iPod touch 5th generation or later

jonlef wrote:

You can indeed watch Live TV using the TV Anywhere app. Instructions on how to do are here:

Watch TV using the Virgin TV Anywhere app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
jonlef
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thats perfect; exactly what was needed - thanks. Suggest you promote this page a little more heavily via SEO as  it doesnt come up when searching for help- hence my reach out to the forum. Thanks again, will spread the word.

Jon

FredGB
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

We have issues too - it is oversubscribed and stops you logging in say you have wrong details when in fact they don't have capacity

0 Kudos
jonlef
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have to agree, only one successful login out of 5. Capacity appears to be a problem.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

FredGB wrote:

Hi

We have issues too - it is oversubscribed and stops you logging in say you have wrong details when in fact they don't have capacity

Just where do you get this idea that Virgin Media are lying to you?

I suffered this problem this morning which was correctly documented on Service Status. It has been successfully been resolved and I now have access.

0 Kudos