Menu
mattbabs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nexus 5x won't connect

I've been using the app on my Nexus 5x for a couple of months with no problems. In the last few few days it won't connect. It gets past the sign in screen but then repeatedly flashes "Reconnecting" in the centre of the screen. Eventually the guide appears in the background but a "Box Not Found" warning appears. The reconnecting message still keeps flashing up. I'm able to connect to my box using the iPad app so I know the box is on the network. I've reinstalled the app but get the same message.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nexus 5x won't connect

Just tried it on my nexus 5X and it works fine, running android 6.0.1

0 Kudos
mattbabs
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was working until a few days ago. I've also had some Bluetooth issues so I might reset my phone in case it's another app causing problems.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattbabs, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you are having trying to use TV Anywhere on your Nexus device. 

Have you updated the device at all recently? 

Are there any updates in the Playstore for the TV Anywhere app to run?

Try un-installing the app and then re-installing to see if this helps.

It's also worth removing the Nexus from your registered devices. It's easy to do though so don't worry. Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. 

Delete the Nexus registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the Nexus, open up the TV Anywhere app and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mattbabs
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I had done a full reset of my phone and it's now working - not too much of a pain as everything is backed up with Google.  The app was up to date and I had tried re-installing with no luck, it's difficult to know what broke it.  I had only recently added it as a streaming device (and it did work initially) so I couldn't re-register as I think you can only do that once a month.

0 Kudos