Menu
WhiteHartMart
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Nexus 5x - no support?

Any idea how long before this device is supported. I contacted via email and was told the app can't be downloaded as it doesn't support my device DPI but an update would resolve this.

Any idea how long before its supported please - its a pretty mainstream device after all Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nexus 5x - no support?

Hi WhiteHartMart, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to see you back here Smiley Happy

There's been no update on this yet. We are still awaiting the update. 

Once we have one, I'll let you know asap. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RobJD
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to know this also! I emailed your support team and got a reply a few weeks ago telling me "We have discovered that an app update will be required as the Nexus 5x has a new screen density that the app doesn’t currently recognise. We are working on this update and hope to have it available soon. Please keep an eye on the forums for more information"...

Please can you elaborate on what 'soon' means as I would have thought a few weeks should be enough time to fix this?

Do we get a discount off of our bill as we can't use this service?

Many thanks

Rob

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that you are another customer who is affected by this. 

There's no news on this currently. We are still working to put a fix in place. As soon as I have any information on this I will let you know.

As you are able to use TV Anywhere online and on other devices, no refund is available. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RobJD
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Is there no way of finding out where on the product roadmap this update is?

Is there a defect number logged for this issue please?

I'm disappointed by your statement that as I can use other devices you won't compensate for the loss of service... If my Tivo box stopped allowing me to watch TV, would you also say tough luck as you can watch it on a web browser on your PC?

As far as I was concerned, the ability to watch TV on my mobile phone is part of the package I have with you, I can't very well take my work PC out to my car at lunch time and watch TV now can I? I'd need a long extension cable that's for sure! It's not like I have a rare or unusual phone, the Nexus 5x is new, sure, but it is a very popular handset.

0 Kudos
RobJD
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,

Any update on my questions/comments above please?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

if you had a old TV that didn;t have scart or HDMI would you expect VM to give you a compatable TV to?

Having a compatable device to use the service if your job.
0 Kudos
RobJD
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I could understand your point it if I did have an old outdated device, but I don't I have a brand new device (It was released by Google less than a month ago) and it doesn't work. I tested the app on my Mum's brand new Nexus 6P (Which was released by Google just a couple of days ago) and it works perfectly so why won't they support the Nexus 5x?

My device runs Marshmallow and that version was available to app developers for a long time before it was released to they've had time to make it compatible (as is evident with it being compatible with the 6p).

They have said that they are planning on making it work, but won't give any kind of time scale...
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

then its not a compatable device. Maybe someday but not yet.
0 Kudos
RobJD
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hence this thread...
0 Kudos