Menu
Cylinderman
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New device not recognised after deleting old one

Hi, I have today deleted one of my 2 devices, (my old S4 I think as there is no way of telling if you haven't named them.)

When I registered my new device (Samsung S6) and went to sky sports and movies they both stated "this device is not recognised and I have used up my changes for the month". 

But I have only got these 2 registered? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New device not recognised after deleting old one

Hi Cylinderman

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm glad Sky Movies & Sky Sports are now working for you :-).

Sorry to hear that TV Anywhere is now not working though. It can be confusing when registering devices for TV Anywhere and Sky apps as they are 2 different sections.

I have checked your account again and it is showing one available device change. When you sign into your account, under My Profile this time click on Device Settings. Try to register the device again and see if it works for you.

Hope this works

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cylinderman

Sorry to hear that your unable to use your Samsung S6 through the Sky apps.

When you sign into your account, on the right under My Profile, if you click on Sky Movies & Sky Sports does it show the Samsung as registered? If so it should work. Otherwise I can see that you do have a device change available. If you can remove the Samsung from the list, then on the phone itself try streaming from either Sky Movies or Sky Sports, this will then prompt for registration. Add the device and see if that works for you.

Give that a try and let me know if it works for you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Cylinderman
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha_L thanks for the reply.

I have done what you said and Sky sports & movies both played straight away Smiley Very Happy then I tried to watch a program on TVA and it said I need to register device so I tried to in the available slot.

The message I got was:

The page at "http://anywhere.virginmedia.com" says: Sorry, you don't have any available changes to register this device.Smiley Sad

It seems weird that Virgins own app wont let me register but the Sky ones did it automatically.

Hope you can help me with this problem

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Cylinderman

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm glad Sky Movies & Sky Sports are now working for you :-).

Sorry to hear that TV Anywhere is now not working though. It can be confusing when registering devices for TV Anywhere and Sky apps as they are 2 different sections.

I have checked your account again and it is showing one available device change. When you sign into your account, under My Profile this time click on Device Settings. Try to register the device again and see if it works for you.

Hope this works

Sam

Cylinderman
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha 

It all seems ok now, thanks for your support

Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cylinderman.

Nice to hear this is working for you.

If you need me to look at anything else then let me know.

All the best

Sam

0 Kudos