Menu
Diddyman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo box not appearing in tv anywhere app

Hi 

on Christmas Eve we received a replacement TiVo box as the one we had previously suddenly died.

Whilst the new box appears to be working normally, one problem I cannot resolve is getting it to work in the anywhere app.

when signing into the anywhere app on both iPad and iphone they both still list the old TiVo box which of course is not connected.

i have reset and reinstalled the apps and every time I sign in they show the name I gave to the old TiVo box and cannot detect the new TiVo box which I gave a different name.

i have reboot the TiVo box and gave it a different name again and also enabled remote control in the setting and connected it to my network and it is not detected either for remote control or access when I try and connect remotely. I have checked all network settings and it had a valid ip address on my internal and the external network, so why cannot I access it please, as it's been well in excess of 24 hours

i can watch live to steaming to my iPad in tv anywhere, so the problem is not with my login.

any ideas please, as I regard my self as pretty tech savvy but this is a problem I cannot resolve.

many thanks and a belated happy xmas

diddyman

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TiVo box not appearing in tv anywhere app

Hi diddyman, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you have been having getting the app to recognise your new box. 

Usually it can take between 24 - 48 hours to update however with it being Christmas and Boxing Day in between things can take a little longer. 

It's been a little while now - are you still having the same issue? 

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Diddyman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TiVo box not appearing in tv anywhere app

Thanks for the reply all sorted now the new box was wrongly setup and with us as an additional box and not a replacement
0 Kudos