Menu
Ryq214
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New TV anywhere app not streaming a single channel

Hi

i have just updated the tv anywhere app on my iPad and it now does not stream a single channel. I guess it hasn't been system tested.

Now before you start asking me a couple of hundred questions about it trying to pretend it's me or my equipment rather than the app here is a couple of points.

i have the app registered on two iPads, both of which are less than a month old, both are running the same operating system, both are connected to the same TiVo box (and no other) and both are using the same wi-if.  They are in effect exactly the same spec.

The only difference is that on one iPad the app was updated today, and is  not working.  The one using the old app is working and every channel is streaming. The iPad has been completely reset and still doesn't work

Have you tested this before releasing it?

Are you looking at solving the issue?

will you ever reply???

0 Kudos
Ryq214
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TV anywhere app not streaming a single channel

Oh and by the way it constantly gives the v1001 error
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem streaming here, including On Demand.

I'm running iOS 9.3.5 on my iPad Mini 1 which can't take iOS 10.

Are you on iOS 10? Perhaps the issue lies there?

I would stil have expected the updated app to have been fully tested on that operating system level.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've got an iPad Pro running iOS 10.1 and can stream using the new app
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Ryq214
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am absolutely delighted that its working for you.  That's great, swell, lovely, but its not working for me.

According to Virgin Media's website the V1001 error is because they have high demand.  Now call me a cycnic, but somehow i feel that when i checked again at 4am this morning (yes that really was the time as i had just finished watching the World series on the ipad app that did work) the new app registered the V1001 error on every single available channel, and i doubt that there really a high demand at this time on GINX (channel 290).  Why do they not admit that they may not have tested the system and make sure it works before releasing it. I have constantly checked all channels throughout the day (even the ones that werent streaming) and they say high demand - this starts to smell a bit fishy to me.

As a result today i have taken both ipads (that remember are both exactly the same - latest IPad Pro running IOS v10.1 and used them in different wi-fi hot networks, and in every single case the updated app did not work, but guess what the old one did.  This obviously negates the theory that there is a high demand as how can one ipad access it with no problem when the other constantly gives the a V1001 error.

Yes i have deleted the app reinstalled it guess what it still doesnt work.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the new app may only work on the south east of england (i.e. London) so screw the rest of the country

Will anybody from Virgin media actually comment about this!!!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryq214,

Thank you for your message, I'm very sorry that there's been some disruptions on the TV Anywhere app and what you're viewing. I can see that you have already run some of your own tests and reinstalling the app to try and alleviate the issue at hand.

I would like to ask for you to call into our team on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non-Virgin Media phones.

If we're unable to remedy the issue there and then, we'll have a ticket created to investigate. 

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos