Menu
siash69
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Need Comprehensive Instruction to Stream on Sony Z mobiles After Android 5.1.1 update.

This forum is littered with half completed instructions on how to actually get the Virgin App to work!! Half of the links posted by the Forum Support team are reported as not been valid, its a bout time Virgin got their act together and posted proper detailed instructions and more importantly idiot proof instructions!!

I have a Sony Z3 Compact that I am assured is a supported device, with the latest Android 5.1.1 update installed, quoting a support team member "the supported device request thread is now locked because all android devices should be supported".

I downloaded the app, logged in, chose the TiVo box I wanted to control, then attempted to stream a channel, I only got the option to "watch from my TV", which is no connected to my home network (no big problem) and no option to register my device for Anywhere TV.

I would please like to resolve this issue and please feel free to treat my like an idiot!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need Comprehensive Instruction to Stream on Sony Z mobiles After Android 5.1.1 update.

0 Kudos
siash69
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need Comprehensive Instruction to Stream on Sony Z mobiles After Android 5.1.1 update.

This thread seems to me to imply that my Z3 Compact should be supported.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-now-for-Android-5-1/td-p/2816835

If its not supported I find it staggering, alongside the Z3 the Z3 Compact is the most up to date Sony mobile on the market, so I would naturally assume it would be supported.

I am also sure that the list in the link you gave is not up to date I am aware of other Android devices not on the list that are supported, and have read a thread where a forum member says his Z3 Compact streams, but cant locate the thread.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

no where on that psot does it say the Z3 is supported it jsut says that andorid 5.1 is not supported
0 Kudos
siash69
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It doesnt say specifically the Z3 is supported it says "allow Android 5.1  devices" which my device is.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

yes but tv anywhere is tested and supported per device. see the PDF i posted. All lasted devices will work with Andorid 5.1

Unsupported devices will not work with any version of andorid
0 Kudos
siash69
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You are probably right but I am sure that is not a complete list, and Virgin say they will not support anymore Android devices, so what happens when new models are released? Its ridiculous that the support for Android devices is not maintained and updated when new models arrive on the market.

Maybe instead of asking if a device is supported Virgin should post a definitive list of devices that are not supported and they have no plans to resolve the issues that stop them from streaming.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
siash69
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Also on another note, I downloaded the Sky Sports app and have encountered no problems when streaming any of the Sky channels I am subscribed to. So if Sky can support my device why can't Virgin?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

siash69 wrote:

Also on another note, I downloaded the Sky Sports app and have encountered no problems when streaming any of the Sky channels I am subscribed to. So if Sky can support my device why can't Virgin?

...because you are assuming the wrong answer to your problem!

Try channel 104.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi siash69

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Even though the Sony Z3 is not showing as a supported device, it is still possible to use the TV Anywhere app we would be limited in the support that we can give if it does work.

Make sure on the Sony Z3 that it meets these requirements: -

• a compatible Android mobile or tablet with Wi-Fi internet in the UK to

watch live TV

• 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi anywhere in the world to set or manage recordings

• a TiVo® box

• your My Virgin Media username and password.

• Android 2.3.3 and above for mobiles

When I checked your account, it shows that the device it not registered. Try a stream-able channel again and see if this does prompt for registration. 

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos