Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 28 (1,175 Views)

NEW Sky Sports App - VERY Slow

Anybody else experiencing massive “lag” with the new Sky Sports App?

Using my Laptop…Windows 7…

It’s very stop/start, the old version what we used to have was perfect…

Currently watching the Cricket and it's almost unwatchable.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 28 (1,149 Views)

Re: NEW Sky Sports App - VERY Slow

Hi

Having the same issues on a PC using Windows 10. I can login and use the player, however the video is incredibly jumpy and sound echoes. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Tried using firefox, chrome, IE and Edge to access the player but same results all round. Other videos from the sky sports website are working fine

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 28 (1,134 Views)

It is really awful. I have  a Windows 10 laptop with a medium spec. CPU is eaten up to 100% by Sky Sports Player and the Cisco Video Guard that it relies on.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28 (1,127 Views)

picture is fine but lip sync is out. Also the new windows app is awful as you cant change channels without going back to the web page. A big step backwards,

Forum Team
Message 5 of 28 (1,035 Views)

Hi Laney1989,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Sky App.

Has the issue cleared or are you still experiencing lag with the app?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 28 (1,030 Views)

Josh

Obviously I can't speak for the OP but I will wade in here nonetheless, as one of the other VM Sky Sports subscribers also suffering from this problem.

First of all, I'm glad to see someone from VM taking an interest.

Like the OP, when using the new Sky Sports player, I am getting very slow frame rate, about 2Hz, plus several second freezes every minute or less, plus a sound problem which seems to me to be the left and right stereo channels having slipped from synchronisation with the picture and with each other. All in all, this makes watching Sky Sports via the player impossible. Since this is my main method of watching SS, and since at my last contract review I was convinced by VM to retain my Sky Sports subscription by the availability of the channels via the portal on Virgin TV Anywhere, I regard this as a severe diminution of the service that I receive. If it can't be fixed or adequately worked around very soon, then for me, this is going to become a refund/retentions issue.

For information, I am using the player, as downloaded late last week from the Sky site, on an ASUS X553S with Intel 4core 3700 at 2.4GHz using Windows 10.

I look forwards to hearing from you.

Joining in
Message 7 of 28 (1,012 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Josh,

Unfortunately, the problem still persists.

The frustrating thing is the actual picture is pretty perfect but it’s more or less impossible to watch.

Constantly jumping/freezing.

I’m using Laptop with W7.

Tried both at work and home…work connection is as you would expect for a major company VERY fast, still the same…home connection again is pretty good but it’s exactly the same…not better or worse.

At work, I'm using Network Cable and home I've tried with BOTH Network Cable & Wireless.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 28 (997 Views)

I am having the same problem. I am using a Windows 10 Laptop. Until recently, watching Sky Sports was great, using Silverlight, etc.  But since we were all forced to download the new Sky Sports Player, it is unwatchable. The picture and sound either freezes or jumps or play very slowly & stutters. IT IS AWFUL!! This seems to have been going on for far too long now & needs to be sorted out.  PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!Smiley Mad

Tuning in
Message 9 of 28 (953 Views)

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?

I'm having a similar problem.  Windows 10 using Sky Sports App on laptop using HDMI to an LG TV.  Initially I was getting extreme jumpiness on the sound/picture which was unwatchable.  I solved the stuttering pic by accessing the laptop graphics card and reducing the refresh rate for the TV from 59p Hz to 23p Hz (which is the lowest available).  However, I now have the sound sync issue.  The sound is a bit earlier, so it is watchable but not ideal.  I would be interested to hear if anyone has a solution to this sync problem.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 28 (866 Views)

Exact same issues.

Phone VM who don't seem to have a clue about the Sky Sports App.

Anybody able to help?

0 Kudos