Menu
Darryll1988
Joining in
Message 31 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW Sky Sports App - VERY Slow

New version is rubbish still laggy why cant it just change back when you could watch it on virgin tv anywhere.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Although the new update has resolved many of the issues with the Sky player there are still some things that need to be sorted out. We've passed over the details to Sky and they are actively working on a fix.

Hopefully we'll hear back from them soon.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChrisR9953
Tuning in
Message 33 of 37
Flag for a moderator

If I gave this sort of service at work (I'm an IT support technician) I would be SACKED. The new version is as **bleep** as the old one. Totally unwatchable...Sky don't care neither do VM.

GET IT SORTED

lhud64
On our wavelength
Message 34 of 37
Flag for a moderator

the picture is  good but lip sync is awful making it is unwatchable when people talking on screen. It is not just a bit out it is sometimes over a second out.

Nobody from sky or virgin want to fix this as the want people not to watch on ther pc's these days. It works ok using adroid.

0 Kudos
Darryll1988
Joining in
Message 35 of 37
Flag for a moderator

When your contact runs out switch to sky tv but keep virgin internet its a win win sky internet crap sky tv is alot better
0 Kudos
Graemereaper
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Ihud64 - does it work on Android though? One of the devices I used to run the previous version on was my Dad's Android tablet and when I was forced to download the new app, it suddenly became unsupported on that very same tablet.
0 Kudos
jonnyman
Tuning in
Message 37 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It's now November 2017. Having been forced to update Sky Player for both Sports and Cinema, I am very disappointed with the lack of concern shown by Sky with reference to their useless new app.

It has nothing to do with users 'tech' and everything to do with the useless Cisco Media Player that Sky & VM have opted to use. As for Virgin media, the poor quality of 'TV Anywhere' app when streaming BT Sport would be laughable if I wasn't paying for it. i have 200Mb+ broadband and the quality is Modem-esc.

What was wrong with Silverlight?? It worked fine. As a Virgin Media subscriber I am becoming ever more displeased with the third-rate service I receive with anything on line. The industry needs to get its act together and stop charging subscribers more and more for less and less quality.

It is no surprise when people opt to use free streaming services instead of paying for inferior streaming from pay sites such as Virgin & Sky.

We all need to get in tough with our respective providers and air our disgust at the poor service we pay a lot for. 

You will NEVER get them to admit its their poor service and will continue to infer it's our equipment thats at fault. IT ISN'T

Regards,

0 Kudos