Menu
mjs59
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My 'Tablet' is registered on tv anywhere but not on Sky Sports

Hi, i registered my 'Tablet' on tv anywhere but did not realise i had to do so on Sky Sports. I tried to do this later but message came up 'device limit reached'. My other device is 'Sam S5' and this works fine. Please help!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
rooalh
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My 'Tablet' is registered on tv anywhere but not on Sky Sports

Hi, I just had the same issues, I'd registered a new device on TV anywhere which worked but the Sky Sports app said all devices used - even after deleting the app.  In the end  I followed the help links from the Sky pages to open the Virgin account - so whe the pop up says max devices used hit help, this opens a sky page, then click on the link to Virgin on that page - and noticed that on that page it said I was allowed to make a change this month ( this differed from the info on TV anywhere which said no changes available this month).  I then deleted the device I was on, re-registered it,  Re-installed the sky Sports app, signed in to the Sky app and it started working.  

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mjs59

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you get error message of device limit reached through Sky Sports.

When you sign into your account, under My Profile select Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Does it show the tablet as registered. If not, and you have an available slot you can add this by streaming a channel through Sky Sports to prompt for registration.

If it does show as registered remove the device and the app from the tablet. Then re-register the tablet by streaming a channel through Sky Sports.

Try this and let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mjs59
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha, thanks for getting back to me!

Not sure what has happened but cannot get Sky Sports on EITHER of my devices now (Device limit reached) though both are working with Tv Anywhere. Is it possible for Sky Sports registration to be reset. PLEASE HELP if you can!!

Many thanks again.

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark

Thanks for getting back in touch.

There is one available change through Sky apps and I can see that there is one device registered. 

If needs be remove all devices that are registered and the app on the tablet and Samsung. Then start with one device at a time, re-install the app then stream a channel through Sky Sports to prompt for registration. Once you have done one device let me know.

I hope this works for you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mjs59
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Samantha.

Back to square one i'm afraid. Deleted both devices from Sky Sports app, then uninstalled the app itself on both devices. After reinstalling app, could not even get one device to work, same old message 'Device limit reached' can anything else be done please?

Thanks again.

Mark

0 Kudos
rooalh
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, I just had the same issues, I'd registered a new device on TV anywhere which worked but the Sky Sports app said all devices used - even after deleting the app.  In the end  I followed the help links from the Sky pages to open the Virgin account - so whe the pop up says max devices used hit help, this opens a sky page, then click on the link to Virgin on that page - and noticed that on that page it said I was allowed to make a change this month ( this differed from the info on TV anywhere which said no changes available this month).  I then deleted the device I was on, re-registered it,  Re-installed the sky Sports app, signed in to the Sky app and it started working.  

0 Kudos
mjs59
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, no such luck i'm afraid, device limits reached. Thanks for your help anyway.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Sorry to hear that removing the devices from registration and re-installing the app didn't work for you.

I've checked your account and there are now no devices registered for Sky apps. There is one available change for you to use at the moment. When you get chance on one of your devices stream a channel on Sky Sports for registration.

Fingers crossed this will now work. Let me know how you get on

Sam

0 Kudos