Menu
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving goalposts

So reading between the lines, there is apparently now an app to replace streaming Sky Sports & Movies via web browser? Seems I have no choice but to read between the lines as I have seen no announcement from VM, or in fact anything about this anywhere. All I can see is a helpful sticky, posted 3 years ago, last updated over 2 years ago, where of course the information is woefully out of date, and therefore no help at all.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving goalposts

As far as I understand the changes for Sky sports and cinema only apply to Apple desktops/laptops.
zvonok
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

certainly OK using IE (Edge in W10 doesn't work).... ZVNK ...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crockret, 

As mentioned by Graham_A, Sky have brought out a new Player for MAC PC's and Laptops to stream their premium channels from. 

Virgin Media customers wanting to watch Sky Cinema and / or Sky Sports via a MAC will need to download this and follow the prompts for streaming. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Important information to know by all accounts. Perhaps you'll update the ancient sticky on this subject, or make an announcement rather than leave people to work it out for themselves.

It seems viewing some recordings via TV Anywhere is now possible too - something you've always said, "if it happens, we'll let you know". But I can't see you announcing that anywhere either.

I've always tried to be a good community member & help out others where I can. I can't help other users if new functionality is kept top secret.

0 Kudos