Menu
Up to speed
Message 51 of 154 (778 Views)

Re: Missing shows on On Demand - Walking Dead, Limitless, Lucky Man etc

[ Edited ]

Well, here we go again. Last night's episode of The Walking Dead, Series 6 Episode 11 has the same problem as Episode 10 and simply disappears without playing.
http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/show/the-walking-dead/crid:~~2F~~2Fschange.com~~2FFX~~2FTITL00000000...

Also, last night's episode of Talking Dead hasn't been added yet. This is Series 6, Episode 11.
http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/show/talking-dead

Last week's Lucky Man, Series 1 Episode 6 still hasn't been added.
http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/show/lucky-man

And finally, Walking Dead Series 6 Episode 10 and Limitless Series 1 Episode 2 are still broken and don't play.
http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/show/the-walking-dead/crid:~~2F~~2Fschange.com~~2FFX~~2FTITL00000000...
http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/show/limitless/crid:~~2F~~2Fschange.com~~2FSKY~~2FTITL00000002000225...

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 52 of 154 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]

This disappearing video thing is getting beyond a joke now.

Tonight's episode of Arrow (Season 4, Episode 10) does not play. The video disappears.
http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/show/arrow

Also last Friday's episode of Lucky Man (Season 1, Episode 6) has finally been added. It's a shame that it also doesn't play and so is of no use to anyone. http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/show/lucky-man/crid:~~2F~~2Fschange.com~~2FSKY~~2FTITL00000002000228...

This is happening far too frequently now. Clearly someone in the chain doesn't know what they are doing and it is not being rectified. What is the point in pretending to upload episodes when no one can play them. Is there not a system in place where you check that the content is actually working after you upload it. Limitless (Series 1, episode 2) has been up for two weeks now with this problem. Walking Dead (Series 6, Episodes 10 and 11) also has this problem. What has caused this problem to occur again and at such an alarmingly high incidence rate? Have you let an unqualified intern take over to save on costs?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 53 of 154 (749 Views)

Killjoys ep6 is also broken

The appalling service continues
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 54 of 154 (711 Views)

Hi motel, 

Thanks for reporting these instances to us. 

I can only apologise that things seem to have gone to pot lately. 

We are passing over these instances, but I've not heard anything back from the team on this yet. I will continue to bug them until these episodes get put right though. 

So far, today I have re-raised the following instances of the shows not working when trying to play them:

The Walking Dead S6 Ep 10

The Walking Dead S6 Ep 11

Limitless S1 Ep 2

Arrow S4 Ep 10

Lucky Man S1 Ep 6

Lucky Man S1 Ep 7

Grey’s Anatomy S12 Ep 10

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 Ep 6

Killjoys S1 Ep 6

Elementary S4 Ep 12

Scandal S10 Ep 10

Once I hear anything back from the teams on this, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 55 of 154 (700 Views)

Hi motel, 

Thanks so much for your patience whilst I looked into this. I've had an update this morning and the issue has been found. 

It looks as though a security certificate expired and for some reason was missed so didn't get renewed. We have an investigation going on as to why and how it was missed already to ensure this doesn't happen again. 

For the time being, any shows uploaded after the 29th February will have a playback error. We are in the process of removing the shows and 'repackaging' them to re-enable them however this is going to take a little bit of time. 

I have no estimated fix time as of yet but am being kept in the loop so as soon as I have one, I'll let you know.

I am off after today until Saturday so have passed all this information over to @Terri_P who will keep an eye on things and update you once we hear anything back. 

Thanks again for your patience. It's much appreciated Smiley Happy
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 56 of 154 (688 Views)

Hi motel, 

I've had an update on this. 

As mentioned on Tuesday, all content that was being uploaded was being done so whilst the security certificate had expired so any further episodes would also not work. 

The good news is, we're republishing 330 episodes now and these are being checked as they are being put on to ensure they work. 

It is a huge job so is taking a little bit of time. Most of the episodes I reported above are now working though Smiley Happy 

Once I get news of a full resolve, I shall let you know.

Thanks again for your patience on this.  

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 57 of 154 (678 Views)

Last night's Talking Dead on Fox hasn't been added yet.

S6 E13.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 58 of 154 (664 Views)

Hi motel, 

Thanks again for your patience with this.

I have heard back from the team now and can now confirm the fault has been resolved. 

All episodes that weren't working have now been re-published and I have checked to see if they will too. 

There is still a fault with Limitless S1 Ep2 and The Walking Dead S6 Ep10 but this is down to a different fault. We are in the process of deleting these episodes and re-loading them completely. 

I've raised the latest episode of Talking Dead up to the team. This will be due to a different fault though. Once I hear back I shall update you.

Thanks again, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 59 of 154 (659 Views)

Last night's episodes of both Arrow (S4 E12) and Limitless (S1 E6) have not been added yet.

Monday's Talking Dead (S6 E13) also still not added.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 60 of 154 (650 Views)

Episode 3 of Legends of Tomorrow and episode 8 of Agent Carter (both on earlier tonight) have not been uploaded either online or on the Tivo service yet.

0 Kudos