Menu
Davemc1708
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Microsoft silverlight

Please help!! I am slowly turning desperate. Sky sports on TVanywhere I now keep getting install microsoft silverlight on my MAC which worked before. Ive tried uninstalling, downloading, cookies, emptying track, restarting, everything. Please can someone help me sort this?.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Microsoft silverlight

Hi Davemc1708, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with this Smiley Sad 

Usually this sort of error is down to the Cookie permissions. Make sure these are set to Always Allow. This should then allow you to stream. 

If it doesn't delete Silverlight from your device and then re-download the latest version of it and check the cookie settings again. 

Come back and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Davemc1708, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with this Smiley Sad 

Usually this sort of error is down to the Cookie permissions. Make sure these are set to Always Allow. This should then allow you to stream. 

If it doesn't delete Silverlight from your device and then re-download the latest version of it and check the cookie settings again. 

Come back and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Davemc1708
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant. That through me as to why it has aways worked before and then just changed to "allow" and not "always allow"

0 Kudos
maverickmark
Settling in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The truth is the Virgin Anywhere capability doesn't work on Chrome and there are major compatibility issues on Safari.  The website and help guides all like to pretend it is easily fixed by reinstalling Silverlight and changing cookie access settings, but in reality a lot of people will just keep on getting issues. Even if it works for a bit, it may go again.  I regret to say that Virgin don't like to admit this.  This also applies to the tech staff - who will spend ages wasting your time and with remote access to your mac and just do exactly what you did.  They also won't get it to work.  There is a simple answer.  They eventually get to this under duress.  That is install Firefox from Mozilla as a browser and run Virgin anywhere through that.  It will save you ages.  Virgin should be able to get it to work in Safari - but they haven't properly done so.  So this is the easy answer and it will save the hours of wasted tech help to no end.

0 Kudos