Menu
gmj18921
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Microsoft edge - TV anywhere doesn't load?

Hi all,

I recently purchased a new laptop and registered my device on Virgin TV Anywhere using Microsoft Edge, the browser recommended by Windows 10.

However, whenever I click on a channel to watch, I'm left with a blank black screen which shows no sign of loading or displaying any sort of image.

Does anyone know a solution to this issue?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
dowie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Microsoft edge - TV anywhere doesn't load?

Hi gmj18921

Try using Firefox or Chrome browser to see if this works. I have personally seen Edge giving issues with TV anywhere and have found these other browsers work.

Dowie
0 Kudos
gmj18921
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dowie. Unfortunately I've had problems with Firefox (Adobe flash player kept crashing) so switched to Edge. Can't try it on Chrome until March now as it counts as a device change!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Chrome isn't currently supported on TV Anywhere. On Windows the browser options are Firefox, Edge or IE11 (which is still in Windows 10)

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
gmj18921
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I thought as much Ben. Have you encountered this problem I'm experiencing on Edge before?

0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I experienced the same 'errors' with Edge intermittently --- as Ben McR stated try IE (within W10)

I did and is fine now - if you want to watch SKY  (Sports/Films) it has to be IE anyway!

... ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
gmj18921
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Zvonok. I will give Internet Explorer a go.

On a related note, does anyone know if there was a way around the device change limit? Switching between browsers seems to require a device change, and I've run out until the start of March. This seems a little unfair as I'm still using the same laptop, but am basically stuck on Edge - which doesn't work - for four weeks now (unless there's a solution!)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media can sometimes add an extra device change to resolve issues with which device has been registered.

So you can wait for one of the form team to pick this up, or if you call in or go via chat they should also be able to do it.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi gmj18921, 

Thanks for your post and it's really nice having a new face involved in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with the Edge browser. 

Just to confirm a few points, Chrome isn't supported so don't try using this as it won't work. 

I've added a device change to your account so you can use this to re-register your device however make sure you have removed the original registration here: TV Anywhere > My Profile > Device Settings. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gmj18921
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath. Microsoft Edge has thankfully worked fine the last couple of times I've used it, so haven't yet had to change browsers. Touch wood it keeps behaving!

0 Kudos