Menu
minimart
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lost device registrations

This issue is now re-occuring and making Virgin TV Anywhere unusable / useless. I have my laptop and my son's laptop registered to use the service, but virtually every time either of us try to use it, on VTV and / or Sky, it tells us our device limit has been reached and this is not one of my registered devices. We can only solve this once a month by re-registering a device. I know from posts elsewhere on this forum that this is a common problem, but have yet to find a solution. Please advise what we need to do to stop this happening once and for all.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost device registrations

In Windows 10, especially if you want to use TV Anywhere AND Sky Movies and/or Sports, Firefox is the only browser that supports both.

Ensure Flash is up to date for TV Anywhere, and Silverlight is up to date for Sky.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Minimart,

Thank you for posting Smiley Happy

I would like to help and would like to ask if you're able to see this fault after clearing the cache and cookies from the devices before trying to log in?

I have added an allocation for you to make any changes needed. 

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
minimart
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, I've cleared everything- caches, cookies, history, etc, etc and both TV Anywhere and Sky are both working. I'm not sure if this is because I've cleaned up my internet history, or it's something you've done? Also, TV Anywhere works on Microsoft Edge, but Sky thinks it's Google Chrome, so won't work on it!

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In Windows 10, especially if you want to use TV Anywhere AND Sky Movies and/or Sports, Firefox is the only browser that supports both.

Ensure Flash is up to date for TV Anywhere, and Silverlight is up to date for Sky.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Minimart Smiley Happy

Thank you for your reply, I can tell you that this is all your own doing so I'm chuffed for you. As Crocket has mentioned, Firefox is the winner here IMHO. If you need any additional help please let myself or the Commmunity know. 

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos