Menu
richard127
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lollipop support for TV anywhere

Come on Virgin. Independent developers in tiny companies have already sorted out Android Lollipop compatibility, within days. Given the size of your company do you really think it's reasonable to have not sorted this out already. Both my devices (Nexus 5 phone and Nexus 7 tablet are now updated to Lollipop) are now not able to run TV anywhere.

Poor, poor, poor.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lollipop support for TV anywhere

You are suppose to have known this as they published an announcement in an area of the forum that all of us normal users can not see!

If they post the link to the announcement then we can see it but otherwise it is nowhere on the whole of this forum
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

richard127 wrote:

Come on Virgin. Independent developers in tiny companies have already sorted out Android Lollipop compatibility, within days. Given the size of your company do you really think it's reasonable to have not sorted this out already. Both my devices (Nexus 5 phone and Nexus 7 tablet are now updated to Lollipop) are now not able to run TV anywhere.

Poor, poor, poor.

Your decision to upgrade to Lollipop, knowing that TV Anywhere is currently not compatible, suggests that the additional function in Lollipop is more important than TV Anywhere. I, personally, would not have upgraded to Lollipop.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi richard127, 

Thanks for your post. 

I can understand how frustrated you are with this however i've not been given any specific dates. 

News today seems to suggest that they are looking to have this released very soon however this should be taken lightly incase something happens and the rollout is pushed back. 

Once I have actual dates, I'll let you know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Considering that you are not warned in advance that the app is not compatible with 5.0, I think you are being a bit silly with that comment.

As has been previously posted, the announcement regarding 5.0 support is only available through a link in a thread in this forum.

Those who have upgraded to 5.0 are coming here to find out why the app isn't working on 5.0
0 Kudos
byron72
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin. Respectfully, this is infuriating and incompetent. Please change your Android devs to a proven, capable team. We pay you too much for these constant Android issues to be tolerable.
dogsbody
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I haven't been able to use the TV anywhere app for over a month now since upgrading my Nexus 4 & Nexus 7 to Lollipop. 

Came here thinking it was a problem with support for Nexus devices but makes perfect sense that it's Virgin being slow with Lollipop support Smiley Sad

I don't actually use the app to watch programs, I just want to be able to control my TiVo from the bedroom again.

0 Kudos
angiejones720
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I didn't realise it wasn't compatible 'til I went to use it this evening! I don't come on this forum very often, so didn't see the announcement! Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
graham012
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It has been compatible and working on my Nexus 4 running Lollipop for a couple of months now. Then this week it suddenly failed. But it has also failed on my other phone a Sony Z3 on KitKat. So may be more than just a Lollipop issue. 

0 Kudos
gfalkous
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My Nexus 10 is using 5.1 and has just downloaded Virgin TV anywhere from the Amazon Store without problems.The app works very well (so far). Give it as go!

0 Kudos