Menu
pruts20
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Login problem - TV on the go using android tablet

I Have downloaded the correct app for TV on the go on my android tablet. Unfortunately I cannot get past the login procedure. It will not accept user name and password even though I am entering the correct details.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login problem - TV on the go using android tablet

Hi pruts20,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue logging into TV Anywhere via your device. 

In order to help further we'll need some more information on this. 

What is the make and model of your device?

What OS is it running on?

Are the details being auto filled or are you typing them in?

Let us know so we can look into this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pruts20
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F

Thanks for the reply.

My tablet is a Nexus 7 (2013) running Android version 6.0 - I am typing in the details and have done numerous times checking and rechecking.

However since I posted this I viewed a help video  on the virgin website that gave the impression that  TV on the go service running on a tablet will only work if I have a Tivo box. I have a V+ box. However I am still unsure about this, I could have easily misinterpreted the information as it was not fully clear.

If this is the case I will be a bit upset as I currently pay a large amount monthly and over the last year my package cost has increased between 20 to 25% with no alteration to my package. Is this classed as a denial of service?

Could you check the above out - looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

Pruts20

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pruts20,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Aaaahh, I see. You do indeed need a TiVo® in order for the app to work. The app was made to manage the TiVo® and then streaming was added later on. 

Without a TiVo® you won't be able to log in to the app. 

You can still access TV Anywhere via a PC / Laptop though. Just go to anywhere.virginmedia.com

If you would like access to the app then you can always look at upgrading to TiVo®. You may even find having one of the newer bundles gives you a better price per month. Speak to the team via Online chat here: http://virg.co/contact or give them a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos