Menu
corfeee
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Login issue on my android phone

I can access virgin tv anywhere on my lapop with nobissues but when I try to access tv anywhere on my android mobile phone, the virgin tv anywhere app does not recognise username and password.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Login issue on my android phone

Hi corfeee,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue trying to sign in to TV Anywhere on your Android device.

What iOS are you running on your device? 

Do you have an active TiVo® subscription?

Make sure you are typing in the username and password and not allowing the phone to Autofill the information.

As it's working on the PC, it's very unlikely to be an account issue Smiley Happy

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
corfeee
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.

Android Version is 4.4.2

I do not have a TIVO subscription but the app works on my laptop.

Do  need a TIVO subscription to run the app on an android phone ?

Thanks Again 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi corfeee, 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

The TV Anywhere app is there for managing the TiVo® so in order to use them, you would need an active TiVo® subscription. 

If you are interested in this you can take a look at all TiVo® has to offer by clicking on the link Smiley Happy 

Hope that helps Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

corfeee wrote:
I can access virgin tv anywhere on my laptop with no issues but when I try to access tv anywhere on my android mobile phone, the virgin tv anywhere app does not recognise username and password.

same here - all day yesterday not usable- the main web site says there is a fault affecting all tivo apps so maybe that is why but it has gone from being annoyingly buggy to being completely unusable.

what's even worse is after deciding my correct password is "wrong" it wipes it from the android tablet input every time  so I have to laboriously put it back in, and as it is a mix of letters and numbers that takes ages to retry via a touch screen virtual keyboard

I can sign into my virgin media OK which shoqs that I have the correct password, but not into tv anywhere. I got in just once & got an immediate server error message, every other time I get incorrect id or password.

the main siaste has a we will email you when bug is fixed option but no email this morning implies that it is still not fixed ?

Jethroh
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same here. The tvanywhere app isnt just for managing TiVo.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

We've recently been experiencing some issues with our TV Anywhere service. We've posted an update regarding this on this article titled Resolved: TV Anywhere - "Home Mode" which confirms the issue should now be resolved. If you're still having problems could you post back to us so we can take another look at this for you. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Kind regards
Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos