Menu
Ross240
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Logging in to Sky Sports app with VM details

Hi there,

Having trouble logging in to Sky Sports App using Virgin Media account to watch on the go.

Definitely using the primary account and the correct password but access is being denied.

Is it because it's an ntlworld address?

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Logging in to Sky Sports app with VM details

Nope its not because its an NTL address.

There are numerous posts on here expressing the same issues and I have the same problem. As you will see, the TV Anywhere / Nowhere app without fail crashes when any football is on and then miraculously comes back to life when it finishes.

The Sky Sports app is also playing up thinking that device limits have been reached and refusing to login. When you check your registered devices through the VM website nothing is wrong.

As ever though, VM staff go silent on the matter when it occurs. Then, about 2 weeks after they come back all happy and jolly asking if the problem has gone away... WELL FUNNILY ENOUGH IT HAS WHEN THERE IS NOTHING ON!!

They will then say that it is all working well, provide pointless comments about it has been reported or your signal levels are ok at home.. who said they were at home, I cannot login on my work wifi so that answer won't wash but in the end nothing will change.

I think we all need to face facts, VM care not one bit about TV now. They would rather give you massive download speeds which are in reality only headline speeds if you are one of the MANY customers who suffer from over utilisation. Notice too that the adverts for VMTV have disappeared and the only marketing that is now done is for ViVid, I think that shows you where VM's priorities lay.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ross240,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face getting involved in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issue logging in to the Sky Sports app. The one thing rps1013 mentioned that is correct is that this issue isn't due to you having an NTL World email address. 

When you say access is being denied, is the error message exactly this or is it telling you the username and/or password is incorrect? 

Double check you are selecting the VM logo before logging in. 

I've re-synced the account for you to ensure it's recognising you are a Sky subscriber so refresh the app and try again. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F

I think you will find that everything I said in my response to the OP was correct and not just the NTL login you suggest.

Please try looking at all the comments on this forum with regards to the issues people are having and you will see my response was factually correct.

Whilst I support the efforts of forum staff I find it increasingly frustrating that significant problems are just ignored or the response does not match the query.

I think it is also clear VM have little interest in TV now. Where have all the adverts on TV and in the press gone? Sky, BT, Talk Talk all advertise for phone, broadband and TV. All VM advertise is vivid.
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nail on head, rps1013. 

0 Kudos