Menu
theostrouble
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Live Sky Sports unwatchable on a Mac

Watching Sky Sports on my iPad through the app is seamless. On my Mac it is a nightmare. 

While there is no error codes, it is often choppy and at a low resolution. But most frustratingly the controls are completely unresponsive - meaning I cannot enter full screen. When I mouse over the video there is a good 5-10 second delay before any controls appear, and when they do they are useless. 

This is on Safari, but have tried Firefox too. I have read numerous other threads, and have played with the cookie & privacy settings to no avail. I have also tried uninstalling & reinstalling Silverlight. 

If anyone has found a watchable setup for Sky Sports on a mac please let me know as this is getting increasingly frustrating!  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live Sky Sports unwatchable on a Mac

Hi theostrouble, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue playing Sky Sports on your Mac. 

We've found that using Safari is generally the best browser to use when playing Sky Sports. It seems to be a little quicker. Make sure the Cookies are set to Always Allow. 

With regards to the Full Screen Mode issue, if you hover just above where the date is in the Sky window, at the top right of the control panel, the expand buttons become highlighted and if you click there it goes to full screen.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dougal7
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem - watching on my Mac with a 200mb VirginMedia connection - Sky Sports 1 is such low quality its barely watchable.

This is so frustrating when you want to watch live football and it is such poor quality.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dougal7,

Sorry to hear that you're also having issues with this.

I can see that there was an issue with TV Anywhere streaming, which was raised and closed on 05/09/16.

Hopefully, things are looking a lot better for you now.

I would certainly recommend looking into changing your wireless settings, to strengthen this type of connection.

Let me know if you require further assistance with this.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos