Menu
GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Letter to the Virgin Media CEO

I have today written to Mr Tom Mockridge, the VM CEO about this TV Anywhere problem as all else seems to have failed. I paste the letter below and urge you to consider doing the same. His address is easily found by Googling his name and Virgin CEO.

Dear Mr Mockridge

I write to you in desperation and the hope that you can resolve an issue with the TV Anywhere service that has now been going on for over a week.

The lack of information from all sources with Virgin Media is frankly, in my view, quite scandalous. The only place where I can find the most nebulous of information is the Virgin Community forum and this mainly consists of scores of other Virgin customers complaining about the lack of this service. May I ask you to answer the following questions:

1) What exactly is the problem with the TV Anywhere service?

2) Why is it taking so long to fix?

3) Why is there no mention of this issue on the Virgin Media Service status page?

4) Why are your customer service assistants (via web chat or phone) unable to provide us with answers to the first 3 questions?

5) Are Virgin Media going to offer some sort of recompense for the loss of this service for over a week? Some posters to the forum have already tried to get an answer to this and been told there will be no refunds as this is a "free" service. I would argue that this is an integral part of my package and it is not available to non-Virgin customers and therefore can hardly be classed as free.

My total Virgin package costs me nearly £100 a month and I expect a far better service than this.

Yours sincerely

GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Letter to the Virgin Media CEO

Like other posters it seems that my TV Anywhere is working again - at least for the time being.

No reply to my email to the CEO as I write this. I'd still like to know why it took so long to fix and why Virgin are so poor in communicating with their customers when something goes wrong.

0 Kudos
mitchc
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not fixed for me ( I live in  Brighton area)  .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi GoonerKeith, 

Thanks for your post and apologies you were affected by this fault for so long. 

We've taken on board your feedback and will do what we can to update you on future faults. 

@mitchc - I've taken a look at your account and can see you have 1 device change left to use this month. Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GoonerKeith
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I note the blanket reply from Kath_F that has appeared on a number of threads including this one.

Does Virgin Media really think that "Thanks for your post and apologies you were affected by this fault for so long. We've taken on board your feedback and will do what we can to update you on future faults." is an adequate reply to the frustration that so many users expressed for well over a week?

I never did receive the courtesy of a reply from the VM CEO, and the questions I posed in that email have still not been answered.

I ask again the two main questions: first, why did it take so long to repair this fault, and second, why were we left in the dark for so long as to what was happening and what is the point of the Service Status page if this issue never appeared on there?

This whole episode has severly dented my faith in Virgin Media and if it were not for the fact that their broadband is far superior to Sky's I would transfer my custom in a flash.

0 Kudos
chriscl
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

GoonerKeith wrote:

I note the blanket reply from Kath_F that has appeared on a number of threads including this one.

Does Virgin Media really think that "Thanks for your post and apologies you were affected by this fault for so long. We've taken on board your feedback and will do what we can to update you on future faults." is an adequate reply to the frustration that so many users expressed for well over a week?

I never did receive the courtesy of a reply from the VM CEO, and the questions I posed in that email have still not been answered.

I ask again the two main questions: first, why did it take so long to repair this fault, and second, why were we left in the dark for so long as to what was happening and what is the point of the Service Status page if this issue never appeared on there?

This whole episode has severly dented my faith in Virgin Media and if it were not for the fact that their broadband is far superior to Sky's I would transfer my custom in a flash.

Yes, yes they do. 

Most often, all you get in the way of reply is what looks like a standard copy-and-paste reply, without individual thought. 

It's not the first time VM have cataclysmically messed something up either, but again, they refuse to hold their hands up and admit what went wrong, and crucially, what they are going to do in future to stop it happening again. 

That, after all, is all most of us want. But no, you just get the same bland reply posted over and over again. 

It's a bit like "But apart from that, Mrs. Kennedy, how did you enjoy your visit to Dallas?"

0 Kudos