Menu
madlec
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Keep having to reset TV Anywhere Android app

Im not sure if this is covered anywhere else, but I am tryng to use the app on my Nexus 4 (Lolipop) and my wifes Xperia Z (Jellybean). Once the app is installed etc, it works fine. But, after gracefuly exiting the app, it doesn't connect properly again. It opens at the guide rather than the info of current program. When going to the remote control, it looks like its connected, but the tivo box doesnt reapond. Likewise when I select something from the tv guide. If I reset the app, it's fine again until I exit. I also have a tablet with a custom KitKat rom, which works fine... Does anyone know why this could be happening?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep having to reset TV Anywhere Android app

Hi madlec, 

Thanks for your post and i'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the TV Anywhere app. 

Do you have 1 or 2 TiVo® boxes at your home? 

Can you please try deleting the app and re installing it to see if this helps Smiley Happy

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
madlec
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I only have the one TiVo box.

I tried clearing the data - uninstalling then re-installing the app on my phone (Lollipop). This worked for the first run, but from then on, the app would not connect to the box.

For a bit of background on my setup, I have a D-Link DIR-855 wireless router (using the Super Hub as a modem only), with the TiVo box connected directly to it and I have given the TiVo box an IP reservation.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi madlec, 

Thanks for confirming that Smiley Happy

Can you try a complete reboot for me to ensure we can get the home mode working first of all. 

If you can take everything back to default so don't worry about reserving an ip address as it should work without the need to do this. 

Turn the Hub, router and TiVo® box off. 

Make sure the ethernet cable is completely plugged in by swapping the ends. Put the end currently in the TiVo® into the Router. 

Turn the Hub back on and wait a few minutes. 

Turn the router back on and wait a few minutes.

Turn the TiVo® on and wait a few minutes. 

Once the TiVo® is loaded successfully, connect your device to the wireless network on the router. 

Does this now let you set recordings and use your device as a remote for the TiVo®?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
madlec
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I tried the above with no success so I spent some time looking at my router configuration. I found that Wireless Intelligent Stream Handling was enabled but not configured, so I switched it off. Since then, the app has worked perfectly on all our Android devices.

Thanks for your suggestions,
Alec
0 Kudos