Menu
JumpingBuffer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Jumping buffer

Hi

Jumping buffer, makes it unwatchable - as other posts have mentioned.  Plays, then starts jumping back about 3 seconds and playing again... continually.

Paying for this rubbish.  What's the resolution? All I see is answers from people which is purely just dragging things out.  Either there is a solution to this or there isn't...  If there isn't then why pay for this.

Regards

Jumping Buffer

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Jumping buffer

Hi Jumping Buffer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face in the community Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you are having an issue streaming from TV Anywhere.

What programmes do you tend to stream? 

What channels are these on?

We are investigating buffering reports and are collecting information via this thread here: TV Anywhere Buffering Issues

If you could pop your information in there it will help us further.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JumpingBuffer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah thanks... apologies from a company are meaningless, until Virgin fix the service I don't think it should be charging people for it and I added the details to that post on the same day I posted my original post.  If I was offering a service that I was investigating for issues I'd provide a warning for all users and wouldn't charge for it until the issue was fixed but perhaps that's because I'm not here just to make profit.

Again thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JumpingBuffer, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and I understand your frustrations here. 

TV Anywhere is not a chargeable service. It's an add on to your TV service with us. 

It doesn't mean we treat faults with any less of a priority though so rest assured we are looking at this.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
sok110
Just joined
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This happening to me, but I have found that it has been happening to others for at least 2 years and still doesn't work. I thought it was because I was using an unsupported browser but using the latest explorer it still happens and I had to register a second device as I changed browsers. Why can they not fix after all this time. I have had no problems with Sky Anywhere, getting very sorry I left them, roll on end of contract

0 Kudos
sok110
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is still happening. I looked on this site and there are queries about this from over 2 years ago and still no answer. I thought it was the browser I was using so changed to the latest version of explorer and had to register the same laptop as a separate device. The problem seems to be with Virgin as I have had no problems with Sky, Netflix etc. Roll on end of contract. Nothing has lived up to the hype & promises.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi sok110,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the time it's taken for us to reach you. We've been a little behind lately and are playing catch up. 

How have things been since you posted? 

Since this issue was first reported to us, we've made lots of changes that has improved things dramatically. 

If you are still having the same issue, pop back and let us know what you are trying to watch so we can investigate this for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
liammcdonnell
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So this post is over 3 months old and still no solution?

0 Kudos