Menu
AaronB
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issues with TV Anywhere app

Hi,

I've just joined Virgin Media, but am having a couple of issues with the TV Anywhere app.

The first issue is that the app keeps saying I'm 'Not connected to TiVo box on Home Network'.

The guidance says by tapping on the Watch now/Watch on TV button and then tapping on the connect button, the app will scan the local network for connected TiVo boxes. However, the app doesn't do this for me - it just keeps saying the above message. I've checked if the TiVo box is set to accept commands from the app and it is. Also, the TiVo box is connected to the same home network as my iPhone. In addition, I've reinstalled the app, but this hasn't made any difference.

The second issue is that as I have the XL package I'm meant to be able to watch certain channels (like BT Sport) using the app. However, when I attempted to watch this channel, the app said I needed to register my device, even though it was already registered. Therefore, I deleted the device and re-added it, but this didn't make any difference. As I had connection issues with the app, I thought I'd reboot the app and then try to register my device again. However, the app now says I have no device changes remaining this month and that I cannot make a change again until 1 May, which is very frustrating.

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Aaron

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with TV Anywhere app

Hi AaronB

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing issues with TV Anywhere.

From checking your account, there are no devices currently registered for TV Anywhere. I have managed to re-sync your account from this side. If you go back onto the iPhone and start streaming a channel, do you get the prompt for registration?

When you sign in to the app, it should automatically detect your TiVo® box. 

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AaronB
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for this.

I got the prompt for registration and was able to re-register my iPhone on the app, however, when I tried to register my wife's iPhone on her app it said it was unable to register the device for an unknown reason. I tried again and it said I no longer have any device changes left this month.

Also, on the Info icon on the app there is still an exclamation mark, which says TiVo box not found on this network. I've checked the settings again on my TV and they're fine.

My TiVo box switched itself off about half an hour ago whilst I was watching something and then came back, so I don't know if there's a wider issue with my connection?

Aaron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aaron

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can see your phone is now registered which is great. You do have an available device change if you want to try your partner's phone again.

In regards to the info box that your seeing, this could be the Remote Control function icon, and you will need an Ethernet cable connected to the TiVo® box for it to work. You can still stream channels without having the Ethernet cable attached though.

My apologies for the TiVo® reboot, as I was trying to send signals on your account, this could of led to the reboot of your TiVo®. Sorry.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

AaronB
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

I've registered my wife's device, so we're both able to use the app, which is great.

Many thanks for clarifying the other issues, and for getting back to me so quickly.

Have a good weekend

Aaron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Aaron

Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad that both devices are now working for you Smiley Happy

If there are any further issues, by all means let me know.

Take care

Sam

0 Kudos