Menu
jp70aq
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is there any point in TV Anywhere?

Is there any point in Virgin Media running TV Anyway?
There seems to be constant problems and missing episodes of programmes.

For example Syfy Channel - Dark Matter. TV Anyway has Season 2 Episode 4. Yet on my Telewest box it goes up to Season 2 Episode 8...

Might as well give it to Sky, Amazon Prime or Netflix to run the streaming service.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is there any point in TV Anywhere?

jp70aq wrote:

Is there any point in Virgin Media running TV Anyway?
There seems to be constant problems and missing episodes of programmes.

For example Syfy Channel - Dark Matter. TV Anyway has Season 2 Episode 4. Yet on my Telewest box it goes up to Season 2 Episode 8...

Might as well give it to Sky, Amazon Prime or Netflix to run the streaming service.

In a word,  NO.

doesn't work on more devices than it does, lack of proper updates, missing most of everything, and bombs out whenever the football is on as it gets 'overutilised' and nobody can use it (VM resolve this by suggesting that you 'try again later', IE after the footy is over, and magically 'it's fixed' !!)

Poor to say the least (and that's being kind!) Total waste of time and energy.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hugh, your just taking all you Virgin hate out on the forum. Where stuff is poor saying so is ok but you just seem to be ranting, due no doubt to your recent very poor experience with Virgin. As you just trying to "scare off" customers?

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

Hugh, your just taking all you Virgin hate out on the forum. Where stuff is poor saying so is ok but you just seem to be ranting, due no doubt to your recent very poor experience with Virgin. As you just trying to "scare off" customers?

So, I am saying that TV anywhere does not work, it's common knowledge, read the many, many posts on here saying the same thing JOhn, DON'T try to look through rose tinted glasses, see the TRUTH...IF VM provided a half DECENT service for the money they are SO quick to take, then there would not be so many people complaining...SIMPLE.

20+ years I have been a customer, and to be honest, the service (both that provided and the customer 'care') are worse now than they have ever been. Read the many many posts on here to see what I mean. (Also, note that I have many 'accepted answers' and 'helpful answers' as well as moans!).

I prefer to 'tell it like it is' whether it's good or bad. (if VM DO manage to get anything right, then I will praise them accordingly!!)

As for 'scaring off' customers, I personally think they should hear BOTH sides of the story, BEFORE they get trapped in a contract they cannot get out of, by sales people who have no morals and are only interested in their 'sales' targets and 'commission'...  FACT!!

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hugh certainly doesn't post false information & guesswork presented as facts here anyway J0hn. You could learn a thing or two; VM are perfectly good enough at misleading their customers without you chipping in.