Menu
Blandroid
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone else having problems using the updated TV Anywhere app on a Hudl 2?

What it says on the tin really, I can't get it to work since updating (grrrrr) and nobody at VM seems to be able to help me.  The old version worked perfectly fine but the new one just won't stream. 

I can login fine, navigate around the app fine, use the remote etc but when I select a channel, my tablet makes that sound as though it's going to switch to the channel - then doesn't Smiley Sad

I've done the following:

• Uninstall / reinstall (4 times)
  • Deregister / reregister (3 times)
  • Factory reset tablet (3 times)

The tablet has been updated to 5.1 - there are no further updates because Tesco aren't making the Hudl anymore so I cannot update it to a newer version of android, sadly.

Oh and the tablet isn't rooted, obviously.

If anyone could offer any help / advice, I'd be grateful - thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Blandroid
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is anyone else having problems using the updated TV Anywhere app on a Hudl 2?

SOLVED - This is what worked for me:

1.  Power down Tivo box

2.  Unplug it

3.  Wait for 5 minutes

4.  Plug back in

5.  Power up

6.  On tablet, go to Settings > Device Registration and delete device

7.  Kill / force close app

8.  Go to Settings > Device Registration and reregister device

If you have used up your registrations for this month, contact VM Customer Services and they will add another registration to allow you to do this.

Hope it works for you too Smiley Happy 

All Replies
Blandroid
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is anyone else having problems using the updated TV Anywhere app on a Hudl 2?

SOLVED - This is what worked for me:

1.  Power down Tivo box

2.  Unplug it

3.  Wait for 5 minutes

4.  Plug back in

5.  Power up

6.  On tablet, go to Settings > Device Registration and delete device

7.  Kill / force close app

8.  Go to Settings > Device Registration and reregister device

If you have used up your registrations for this month, contact VM Customer Services and they will add another registration to allow you to do this.

Hope it works for you too Smiley Happy 

FredMSwav
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have two Hudl 2s and both exhibit the navigation problems you describe where the programme listings for a channel fail to come up on screen. This only occurred after the recent app upgrade.

I have tried all the usual reboots, deleting the anywhere app and re-registering. All attempts to cure this have failed.

The problem is purely with the navigation and not the actual streaming function as it is possible to get it to stream via a workaround.

From another forum I have discovered that the following will work on both our Hudls.

Go to the “Guide” page and scroll down to the channel you want to stream. (make sure the current date and hour are showing at the top)

Note the title of the program currently running and type it into “Search” at the top of the page. Select the programme from the dropdown list.

On the page for that programme click on “Upcoming” and select the top of the repeat showings on the text list. (This must show the current date and current expected start time of the programme).

The second page for the selected programme should now show “Watch” at the bottom where the device can be selected and, for us, streaming works ok. It streams the entire channel rather than just the selected programme.

We are still missing the future programme listings for a channel but at least some functionality is restored.

Could this problem be due to clashes with other apps on the Hudl or a lack of one?

0 Kudos
Blandroid
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I updated this thread to reflect that - one of the VM tech people suggested it to me a couple of weeks ago.

Last post Smiley Wink

0 Kudos