Menu
PGGLancs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Is TV Anywhere compatible with Windows 10?

The title says it all really.

Windows 10 is released on 29th July 2015 and I would like VM to advise if TV Anywhere will continue to work once I have installed the new OS.

Regards

PGGLancs
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is TV Anywhere compatible with Windows 10?

Hi PGGLancs, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Currently we've not had any news on this. I have emailed the Development team and as soon as I hear anything back, we'll let you know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tip75
Up to speed
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

they dont support win8 properly yet! 

unless kath is going to tell me all of a sudden this farce with windows tablets is going to be fixed any time soon? 

dragon420
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Need the app for Windows 10 phones aswell!

0 Kudos
Mobes
Dialled in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi PGGLancs, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Currently we've not had any news on this. I have emailed the Development team and as soon as I hear anything back, we'll let you know.

Thanks, 

Lets be honest! It's not compatible with ANYTING at the moment, the service is SO dreadful.

BTW thanks so much for the updates on how fixing it is going (rolls eyes)... Your team on Twitter don't even seem to know there's a problem... just ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

I've received news on this today. 

The team are testing TV Anywhere out on Windows 10 ready for the release. 

It is worth noting though that this is for the Desktop / PC version. 

Mobile and Tablet devices will not work as there is no Windows app.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dragon420
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

We need an app for this aswell, not just TV anywhere app but other virgin apps aswell!

tip75
Up to speed
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

then can they stop barring us if they cant be bothered to create a workaround kath? 

sky allow tablets

amazon do 

in fact it seems only virgin block touch screen windows devices, i have to ask why have virgin been singled out from all the other media streaming providers? i simply dont believe you have extra conditions nobody else has, unless you paid less than they did? 

oh well, i have been asking for this since last year and sweet FA done yet again. time to cancel, no offence kath but prices keep ramping up and we see very little for that extra money. the service is utter tripe to what it was a year ago. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi tip75, 

I can understand your frustration on this. 

The problem is there are different rules to follow when using a mobile / tablet device as opposed to a desktop / laptop device. 

When using a tablet or mobile, we only have rights to stream via an app. As we don't have a Windows app we can't allow the streaming on there otherwise we would lose the rights to stream on any mobile / tablet device. 

The TV Anywhere service has actually gotten better over the year. We've been able to add channels to streaming, resolve ongoing issues, enabled TV Anywhere for all Android devices and much more. We've even won awards for the Best Player etc.

It is unfortunate that your device isn't supported and I can only apologise for this.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
tip75
Up to speed
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

but its only you who seem to have this restriction, which makes me wonder on the authenticity of what you tell us. i can use sky, amazon, bbc, itv and c4 all on this device, so why not virgin? 

why are virgin singled out amongst ALL other broadcasters? you say you cannot do these things yet ALL your competitors can?? now, either virgin are being blackballed by all the media industry (unlikely) or virgin are telling porkies to us. either way i cant see what all these continuous price rises offer us. MY service is crap compared to a year ago. 

why cant you make a win8 app then? surely its not rocket science since you can use most of the same code. again, it seems virgin are taking our money and giving us little back for it. free service providers can produce apps yet virgin seem to take months to do anything, if they even do anything. what the hell am i paying you for?!

again, sorry to put this on you, but at the end of the day, your superiors lack the cajones to come here and give us the truth.