Menu
SlutMedia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Invalid username or password

I'm attempting to use TV Anywhere on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. The app keeps giving me "invalid username or password"; I'm using the same credentials I use to login to My Virgin Media.

SM Smiley Wink

© SlutMedia, 2011
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid username or password

Been happening to me since this morning even though the credentials had been saved in the app and worked last night.   Getting hacked of with VM, everything they do ends up broken.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sland

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry to read that you're unable to log into TV Anywhere on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

I've checked for any issues with TV Anywhere and it is showing as fine. Is this now working for you?

When signing in make sure that you type it in manually rather than using auto-fill as sometimes it can add an extra space at the beginning of the username or at the end. Even though you can sign into your Virgin Media, have you tried to change the password to see if that works?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SlutMedia
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tried changing my password but still gives the aforementioned error message.

SM Smiley Wink

© SlutMedia, 2011
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SlutMedia

Thanks for the reply.

If you were able to change your password, then I'm sure you can sign into My Virgin Media and view your bills.

Have you tried this on another device to see if you get the same message?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SlutMedia
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've never had problem viewing online bills.

I managed to access TV Anywhere via my laptop (Windows 10 / Firefox 45) - a somewhat lengthy process but got there in the end.

The issue remains with the TV Anywhere app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - I've tried both WiFi and 4G.

SM Smiley Wink

© SlutMedia, 2011
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi SlutMedia, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

As you've been able to log in online, and not via the app, this suggests that you don't have an active TiVo® subscription. In order for the app to work, you would need to have this. 

If you have got a TiVo® then have you made any changes in the last 24 hours? This will often stop TV Anywhere working via the app whilst the updates are in progress. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos