Menu
RichCope
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Invalid media access key msg displayed each time I try to log into the app on my iPad.

TV is connected to the hub but keep getting this msg every time I try to log in. Username and password are good but displays this msg that I cannot figure out. After all I haven't entered the media access key as nothing has prompted me to do so....

0 Kudos
Soni8891
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid media access key msg displayed each time I try to log into the app on my iPad.

I am getting the same issue. I have just got a new box and it is all connected via powerline adapters like my previous box. My previous box worked perfectly fine.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Invalid media access key msg displayed each time I try to log into the app on my iPad.

Hi RichCope, 

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. 

The Media Access Key can be found in the settings part of your TiVo®. The app automatically gets the information so you don't need to input it. 

This message usually comes up if your TiVo® has been installed for less than 24 hours. When did yours get installed? 

@Soni8891 - This is most likely the reason you to are having the issues. If you try again it should be resolved. 

If you are both still having issues then let me know so I can investigate this further for you.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Soni8891
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I have just tried it now and it's working.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it Soni8891, 

If you have any further queries or questions then i'm here. 

You can also find all things TV Anywhere here: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/welcome.html

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jcwild
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue. TiVo has been on for weeks. Trying to log into the VM app this morning and I get the Media Access key error when I try to connect to the box. Frustratingly this then kicks me out the app and I have to put my (working) credentials back in. What gives?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi jcwild, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting TV Anywhere up and running. Have you tried to un-install and re-install at all?

Is everything else working fine on the TiVo® box, Catch up etc?

Please let us know, 

Take care and have a great weekend. 

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Whisperuk
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having the same on TV Anywhere for Ipad and for samsung S5 both asking for the same information.

I have changed password for email account several times and have had Tivo and the app working for well over a year. Suddenly it wont work saying the Media access key is wrong

I cant access the app remote or change channel to watch tv,

Where do i get the media access key and wehre do i enter it!!!#

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy

Welcome to the community

Sorry to here your unable to use TV Anywhere on the iPad nor the Samsung S5.

The Media Access Key is found on the settings through the TiVo®, however the app should automatically get the information so you won't need to input it yourself.

As Kath_F mentioned this message normally appears when the TiVo® has been installed for less than 24 hours. Is this the case?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
neet70
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've been having this problem with the app for the last three days, I've had a TiVo box for years so it's nothing to do with it being new and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app too, I'm at a loss to why I can't log in to the app..so frustrating!

0 Kudos