Menu
Garfy62
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Identify registered devices for TV Anywhere

Hi, does anyone know if its possible to see which devices you have registered for TV Anywhere to watch live streaming? The app tells me I have 2 devices registered already but 2 of the 3 that i would potentially use say they are NOT registered so I'm rather confused..... Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Identify registered devices for TV Anywhere

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/ will show you your devices. You can rename them to make more meaningful name.

Bear in mind that if you use a PC/Laptop, the "device" is a physical combination of the laptop and the browser. So it is possible to register a laptop, then use a different browser, ignore the possible warnings about an unsupported browser and then see that you laptop is not registered, but TV anywhere thinks you are!

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/ will show you your devices. You can rename them to make more meaningful name.

Bear in mind that if you use a PC/Laptop, the "device" is a physical combination of the laptop and the browser. So it is possible to register a laptop, then use a different browser, ignore the possible warnings about an unsupported browser and then see that you laptop is not registered, but TV anywhere thinks you are!

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Garfy62
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Argy, very useful information. I didn't realise that it would be browser specific. I also discovered that Chrome is not supported (I try not to use Safari). The problem here then is I still do not know which 2 devices are register if the only indication is a 'picture' or 'icon'...... ideally there should be a mac address or similar. The fact that I only have 1 change available per calendar month, limits my options. I know one of the devices, not the other. Neither of the other 2 devices that i'd be using have access but I could be deleting one of them for no reason and it could be a technical issue Smiley Sad Thanks for the extra advice though
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garfy62, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you've been having difficulty finding out which devices are which. 

When registering a device via TV Anywhere, you are asked to name it so it's at this point you would choose to put something memorable. Looking at the devices you have registered, they are different and easy to tell apart. 

The Macbook Air you have registered, if you've done this via Chrome then you will need to delete the registration and re-register it. You can do this by following these instructions: 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Garfy62
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for the additional information. That all sounds great in principle but even though I had given an easily identifiable 'name' to my first device...... that device doesn't allow playback of live TV (says I need to register it). I've tried via Safari (the supported browser) and just in case I also tried via Chrome..... still no joy.

So my question relates to something a little more scientific I guess rather than just a naming label. 

I dont really want to have to delete the current assignment as it'll be my one and only 'change' permitted this month..... especially if its for the device that should already be registered.

Can you see where I'm coming from?

Best regards

Garfy62

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garfy62,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

More often than not the only way to resolve the fault is to re-register it. 

As mentioned in my previous message, stay away from Chrome as this is completely unsupported. If you need to try a different browser use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari. 

Use the same browser that you registered the device with to stream. 

The change is still available to use so follow the steps laid out in my previous message to successfully do this and let me know how things are then. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos